MY NEW G4!!

Mapleg4

DSCF0053.JPG

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:
:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:
Maple G4 body and maple neck with an incredible rosewood fingerboard, Solid Black finish, Schaller 463 bridge and Gotoh GB7 tuners, EMG 35DC pickups and BTC system tone and volume control. The sound is very even when played over either pickup when I have them both on! Thanks Warmoth!

The only mistake I made was that I didn't know I needed to order a jackplate so the dude who put in the pickups put on one in chrome... But that can be fixed later. For some reason he didn't put on the metal knobs I ordered either and oddly enough, the volume control on the BTC system is in the midddle between the balance and the bass/treble control... but anyway, it sounds massive!!  :headbang1: :toothy12:

Nice bass dude! How's the weight on that monster? The reason I ask is that I used to own an all-maple Gibson Ripper bass and it weighed a ton..so much that it was uncomfortable playing.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
Nice bass dude! How's the weight on that monster? The reason I ask is that I used to own an all-maple Gibson Ripper bass and it weighed a ton..so much that it was uncomfortable playing.

Brian

It's heavier than my old Yamaha wich is Alder, but have a broad Dunlop strap on it and after i got the length right it's actually feels just right. The sound is massive and not at all "bright"! :headbang1: :toothy12:

Nice looking Bass!

Is that an arrow shaped head on the neck? Can't properly see from the photo whether it's an arrow head or warmoth?

OzziePete said:
Nice looking Bass!

Is that an arrow shaped head on the neck? Can't properly see from the photo whether it's an arrow head or warmoth?

It's a Warmoth headstock.

Some new pics of my bass, showing the body better:
56copy.jpg

55copy.jpg

The bass sounds massive, the only estethic issue is the small gap between the fingerboard and the body, but that probably has to do with the fact that Warmoth makes the fingerboards and the necks by the thousands and that they mainly sell Jazz- and P-basses. This thing could probably be corrected on the Angled necks, but it's just an looks issue, not a functional one.

Clips are coming. I have huge trouble getting my pod set up so I can record. In case I can't get it set up, I'll just use the microphone on my laptop for you.

I've finally got my Bass Pod up and running and I've tried to record with Reaper and the EZ Drummer plugin I just got, so there may be some clips up tomorrow already.
I've discovered that having a bass with a maple body as well as keeping the eq relativly flat -- I only boost the low mids and I prefer using the bass boost on the bass' own eq (the EMG BTC system) over that on the pod as it doesn't overdrive my clean tone.
I'm working on a cover of my favorite Metallica song "The Unforgiven" and some progressive metal songs at the moment. My songs are constantly changing.

I've finally made a clip I'm satisified with!

This is the bass intro and the verse part of Metallica's "The Unforgiven", my favourite song. :headbang: :icon_biggrin:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zghmjmjlnmu
I'm really happy I chose both a Maple body as well as the EMG DC pickups, as the bass is very articulate and clear.

Finally a clip made with my Line 6 Bass Pod xt and Reaper. I used a SVT patch with some overdrive on the verse of the song.

kboman said:
Rumble rumble!

Well, I'm still working on the sound quality and the volume. The EMG DC pickups are made for and are just perfect for what I use them for, mainly an overdriven or distorted sound. :icon_biggrin:
No trebly jazz here, it's all metal! :headbang: :icon_biggrin:

Some people want to sound like Jaco, I want to sound like Tom Araya! :headbang: :icon_biggrin: :headbang:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Cool, but that black looks too shiny for me, though it's not my bass.  :rock-on:

I love black instruments personally, but my next one is going to be Dye Red.

The only problem is that this is a guitar top. They haven't made any of this version for basses yet, according to other members here, it's too short to be put on a bass.

Mapleg4 said:
The only problem is that this is a guitar top. They haven't made any of this version for basses yet, according to other members here, it's too short to be put on a bass.
There'll be one hopefully, what shape are you going for though? i like the Z shape and Gecko, also the T'bird and SG are cool. The P or J basses don't appeal to me all that much unless they have a stunning wood on it.

Back