My Lefty "Telecaster" Bass

K

kreig

active EMG pup
chrome schaller hardware
ebony fretboard
NO pots
5A quilted lam top

Nice turtle. Nice bass too. Good to see another Lefty doin' the business  :headbang:

I love this place  :toothy12:. I've never seen a tele bass in that style before. Creativity reigns here! WHOO!  :toothy12:

good eye . . . the battery box route I had Mike Lull do. I did'nt realize the  active EMG required one as no one mentioned this at the time. (Warmoth / EMG)
so Lull pulled me out of that pickle !

and control plate ? :icon_scratch:

the EMG is hard-wired to the jack . No pots

Nice  :blob7:

if it was a righty, I could see Dusty Hill (from ZZ Top) playing that.....
Cool build.  Nice and clean....

kreig said:
good eye . . . the battery box route I had Mike Lull do. I did'nt realize the  active EMG required one as no one mentioned this at the time. (Warmoth / EMG)
so Lull pulled me out of that pickle !

and control plate ? :icon_scratch:

the EMG is hard-wired to the jack . No pots

I was referring to the round plate by the battery box.  It's an LP toggle control plate, but you're using it as the jack cover?

the purpose of that was to accommodate the wiring only , the placement was made by determining the angle from the pup wire hole and the jack placement .
I can't remember who did that route . . . Warmoth or Lull . ( It's a 10 year old build , and I'm showing signs of senility )
and it's a really small space to jiggle the wires around . I remember not wanting a bigger rear route . And I remember needing it , otherwise it would'nt work .

thanx for your questions .

Kreig

Hey cool bass!
Is this Warmoth Custom T shape? It looks little different from the ones I see on Warmoth website. I'm thinking about doing the same style!
Thanx

I sent Warmoth a 100% copy of a G&L Tele body. It was elongated for the bass scale.

After they did mine, Warmoth offered their version.

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm a fan of the Tele Bass, EMG's, and minimal controls,  so this is right up my alley.

I was thinking of just having a volume knob when I (eventually) get mine, but I also like the idea of a hardwired pickup. I assume to do it this way I would have to forgo the EMG solderless setup, or could I do it with what they send me?

Back