My first Warmoth showed up today

reluctant-builder said:
That's seriously cool.

How did you get them to match the neck finish to the body finish? I've never noticed that as an option. Did you have to request it when you placed your order?

Looking forward to seeing this beast come together.

Thanks for the thumbs up. We just got it done and I hope to put pics up soon.

I saw a guitar in the gallery that matched the headstock and body and so I read up or inquired about it. I think it was $45. extra. I also had to have them put a fmale maple veneer on the headstock which was also extra. It doesn't work on all guitars, but I do like it on this one.

I also asked them to drill through the body so I could do string through, but they wouldn't budge on that one. No big deal, this Gotoh tuner is sweet.

David

I still need to wipe it down and get the frets, bridge, truss rod, etc. done, but here are some preliminary pictures. The ebony neck and stainless frets are so far beyond what I expected I can't really put it into words. I was extremely skeptical, but there was no need for that. A big thank you to all you guys who stood by the SS frets.

David

Attachments

• DSCF0764.JPG
    DSCF0764.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 332
  • DSCF0761.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 342
  • DSCF0768.JPG
    DSCF0768.JPG
    757.6 KB · Views: 311
Lookin' good!

itookacanuk said:
The ebony neck and stainless frets are so far beyond what I expected I can't really put it into words. I was extremely skeptical, but there was no need for that. A big thank you to all you guys who stood by the SS frets.

An Ebony 'board and stainless frets are a marriage made in heaven. Almost makes you feel sorry for all the people who don't have them. Of course, there are some other fine woods you can use for a fretboard, so Ebony doesn't have the market cornered, but still. Hard to beat. Best you can do is change appearance, not feel.

Back