My 2nd Warmoth....

NonsenseTele said:
Blue313 said:
wolf said:
I'm also considering a white pickguarda, relicced to a nice amber tint...
w/b/w pickguard and some black coffee would get you exactly that.

Tried that to my white pickup covers bought from Guitar Parts Resource, also Mustard, English Sauce (Worcestershire) and nothing happened :sad:
How long did you leave it in for?

JaySwear said:
the relic thing would be cool! as long as you don't take it too far. i hate when people get relic'd (rusted and beat up) hardware  :dontknow:  but that pickguard looks awesome!

That's my thought too  :icon_thumright:

3ply or 1ply ?  :confused4:

I think a 1ply pickguards will look more classy...

New parchment or maybe mint. That old broken piece of plastic doesn't belong anywhere near your new body. And don't drag it behind your car to make it match either!

wolf said:
3ply or 1ply ?  :confused4:

I think a 1ply pickguards will look more classy...

Single ply, off-white or even cream.  I'm normally a w/b/w kinda guy, but your guitar and another I'm working on just scream for a single ply.

-Mark

Thanks for the suggestion guys! I can't find a shop with the 1ply pickguard...I will try on ebay....

tfarny said:
New parchment or maybe mint. That old broken piece of plastic doesn't belong anywhere near your new body. And don't drag it behind your car to make it match either!

+1. In the words of John Hiatt:

there ought to be a law with no bail
smash a guitar and you go to jail
with no chance for early parole
you don't get out till you get some soul

In the end I will try the classic White 3ply pickguard that I have. The 1ply is sexy but hard to find in my city!

*no pickguard was harmed in the making of this reply

Tortoise, Mint/Blk/Mint, or Blk/W/Blk.  Single ply has it's place, usually Blk single ply on Butterscotch Teles or White on Strats with the older 8-hole.

Yippiiee! The body has arrived!
The bengal burst is very nice, and the white pickguard fit nicely!
The neck fit tight...
body_wbw.jpg

I also have fun doing the wiring of the pot. The heat shrinking tube and vintage wire are very handy.
prewire.jpg

sorry to be so negative, but I think all of them look either too 'stock' or too SRV. but then again, its not my guitar  :icon_biggrin:

I would love to see it with a cream or white pearloid... or even just a cream pg.

Marko said:
sorry to be so negative, but I think all of them look either too 'stock' or too SRV. but then again, its not my guitar  :icon_biggrin:

I would love to see it with a cream or white pearloid... or even just a cream pg.

You're welcome  :icon_biggrin:

Cream
stratC.png

Tortoise
stratT.png

Back