My "2020" Strats

redking

To pass the time in this unusual year, I wound up building 2 strats and a tele while I had some extra time on my hands.  What I haven't had much of lately is the spare time to play them, so I'm still getting to know them, but both strats are very much at home through my Wampler Tumnus & Traynor YBA-1.

The first one is a roasted swamp ash body / roasted maple neck / rosewood fretboard.  It has the Super Vee Blade Runner bridge with locking Wilkinson saddles, locking Hipshot tuners and Suhr V60 strat pickups.  The body has several base coats of flake shellac which enhanced the golden colour very nicely and then several coats of Tru Oil.  The neck is finished with Behlen Stringed Instrument Lacquer.

The second one is a roasted alder body / roasted maple neck / Macassar Ebony fretboard.  It has the Wilkinson 2 point bridge with the locking saddles, locking Sperzel tuners and Suhr pickups again (Thornbucker plus with a pair of V63's).  Satin black finish by Warmoth paint shop and neck finished with Behlen Stringed Instrument Lacquer.

Attachments

• 20201222_001950.jpg
    20201222_001950.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 556
  • 20201222_001909.jpg
    20201222_001909.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 548
ragamuffin said:
Very nice! How do you like those locking saddles?
So far, so good, but to be honest, I haven't had a chance to abuse the wang bar much yet and really test them out!

Back