My 1st Warmoth Neck

zakkybagis

Hello Everyone

I just want to share I just got my first Warmoth Neck ,
the spec is Roasted Maple Neck, Ebony FB, 59 Roundback neck profile, vintage modern construction

This is my first ever Roasted Maple Neck,
the neck came out very nice and my luthier did find any difficulties working on the neck.

The body is my old-discontinued-beaten up Fender MIM Blacktop HH,
I replaced most of all the parts
- New Pickguard
- KTS Titanium Neck Plate
- KTS Titanium Saddle
- Gotoh Aged Dome Knob / Aged Control Plate
- Freeway 3B3-01 Switch 3 ( up and down , total 6 position )
with push-pull on the one knob, this way I could get Series, Parallel and Split sound ,
very interesting, usable, and great sound
- The pickup is Fralin High-Output Humbucker Set in Black-Chrome ( Bridge 13.5K, Neck 12 K , both Alnico 5 )

Overall, I am very happy with the result of this build from Warmoth neck.

Cheers and Happy Holiday Freeway 3B3-01 HH Series-Parallel and Split .pngIMG-7418.jpgIMG-7421.jpgIMG-7422.jpgIMG-7423.jpgIMG-7426.jpgIMG-7427.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-7428.jpg
    IMG-7428.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PHOTO-2022-11-22-14-51-21 (1).jpg
    PHOTO-2022-11-22-14-51-21 (1).jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PHOTO-2022-11-22-14-51-21.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-11-22-14-51-21.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 5
They do look a little banged up, but if this is a replacement for a neck that constantly needed tightening, I can see how the screws might have suffered. In any event:

That's a handsome neck, and an overall pretty nifty looking guitar. Congrats, OP, on your new treasure!

Hello Everyone

I just want to share I just got my first Warmoth Neck ,
the spec is Roasted Maple Neck, Ebony FB, 59 Roundback neck profile, vintage modern construction

This is my first ever Roasted Maple Neck,
the neck came out very nice and my luthier did find any difficulties working on the neck.

The body is my old-discontinued-beaten up Fender MIM Blacktop HH,
I replaced most of all the parts
- New Pickguard
- KTS Titanium Neck Plate
- KTS Titanium Saddle
- Gotoh Aged Dome Knob / Aged Control Plate
- Freeway 3B3-01 Switch 3 ( up and down , total 6 position )
with push-pull on the one knob, this way I could get Series, Parallel and Split sound ,
very interesting, usable, and great sound
- The pickup is Fralin High-Output Humbucker Set in Black-Chrome ( Bridge 13.5K, Neck 12 K , both Alnico 5 )

Overall, I am very happy with the result of this build from Warmoth neck.

Cheers and Happy Holiday View attachment 59092View attachment 59093View attachment 59094View attachment 59095View attachment 59096View attachment 59097View attachment 59098
Nice build!

How do you like the freeway switch? I love mine. I use it in my sss strat..

Nice build!

How do you like the freeway switch? I love mine. I use it in my sss strat..
I love it, its a very smooth switch,
the one that I have its 3 way toggle with ( 3 up and 3 down , total 6 ) , moving around each position is very smooth,

my luthier had to enlarge the control cavity a bit in order for the switch to fit,

and it works great with my Fralin Pickup, usable for each position and the additional coil split

I highly recommended this switch

I was a bit skeptical when choosing the 59 Roundback neck profile before ordering,
thank god I did choose 59 Roundback ( 9.5 - 14" Radius )

My other guitar is
Fender USA Modern C ( 9.5 - 14" )
Suhr Classic Pro HSS Even C Medium ( 9 - 12" )

59 Roundback feel right away like home and comfortable as my other guitar neck as well.

I love it, its a very smooth switch,
the one that I have its 3 way toggle with ( 3 up and 3 down , total 6 ) , moving around each position is very smooth,

my luthier had to enlarge the control cavity a bit in order for the switch to fit,

and it works great with my Fralin Pickup, usable for each position and the additional coil split

I highly recommended this switch
I use the same one. For 3 pickups, you get n, n/b, b on the lower bank. N/m, m, b/m on the upper.

Only schaller switches feel as good, IMO.

Is it just me or are those neck screws just stripped beyond belief? Could just be my eyes. :)

The heads look a little chewed, probably for an aged effect. But I cannot even see the threads, let alone whether they are stripped to any degree. Your eyesight is like it was X-Ray like Mr Kent.

I didn't mean the threads, just the heads. :) But on further review of the play, it does look to be some distortion due to weathering/aging.

Back