Musings on a piezo bridge

kboman said:
On topic though, I've never liked the sound of piezo (I'm very original that way...) - what are the real, practical benefits of having it installed in your guitar? I have personally never felt the need to switch to acoustic mid-song so maybe it's not for me, I'm just curious.

I have also never really felt that need.  My concept originally on this guitar was to build an ultimate gigging instrument, with as many different sounds as possible.  Having the acoustic sound at the flip of a switch is pretty cool,  I'm looking forward to going to jam night at my favorite local bar and pulling this out and playing it with the acoustic tone for the first time..... I'd bet nobody there is going to expect this electric looking guitar to sound like it will......  I guess I just wanted to 'Cadillac' my guitar out a little.  

I like the setup.  It is overkill, yes, I will admit that.  I am thinking about building another guitar for myself with just a piezo bridge and no pickups.....

I got the GAS bad, I have had this guitar done for about 3 weeks and as much as I love playing it, I keep thinking about the next one......  I know that I will never waste my money on factory built swill again.  

I know that feeling. I never got a chance to buy a factory guitar before getting GAS.

#2 will get here tomorrow  :toothy10:

Marko said:
but it smells rotten ;)
oops was kukjavel the really bad one? maybe I meant to say 'helvetta' ?
either way, didn't mean to offend you, just wanted to say some swedish words ! knulla!

Yeah, "helvete" (= hell) is pretty standard but slightly stronger in swedish than english. Don't you know any non-offensive swedish words?  :icon_jokercolor:

kboman said:
Marko said:
but it smells rotten ;)
either way, didn't mean to offend you, just wanted to say some swedish words ! knulla!

Yeah, "helvete" (= hell) is pretty standard but slightly stronger in swedish than english. Don't you know any non-offensive swedish words?  :icon_jokercolor:

hmmm... there were a bunch.. as a matter of fact, at one point I got pretty good at decoding swedish customer emails. but this was 7 years ago, I just remember the fun ones :) oh hold on --- Sotnuss!

dbw,

have you tried the BOSS acoustic sim pedal? I have one. It works pretty well depending on the kind of pickups you have. Works best on non overwound neck humbuckers. try it at a shop.

Brian

Marko said:
kboman said:
Marko said:
but it smells rotten ;)

hmmm... there were a bunch.. as a matter of fact, at one point I got pretty good at decoding swedish customer emails. but this was 7 years ago, I just remember the fun ones :) oh hold on --- Sotnuss!

"Sötnos", means "sweetie" or "cutie" in an affectionate way. Literally it means "cute nose" and I use it all the time because she does have a very cute nose! All right, let's not hijack this anymore...

ON-topic:
If I have a piezo in an acoustic or electric guitar, is there any way to make it sound better?

Piezo tone is derived from inlay.. but seriously I think quality of pre-amp goes a long way... ful full.

bpmorton777 said:
dbw,

have you tried the BOSS acoustic sim pedal? I have one. It works pretty well depending on the kind of pickups you have. Works best on non overwound neck humbuckers. try it at a shop.

Brian

Brian, I have tried it, but only at the horrible GC Boss testing station (shitty amp and the signal goes through nine billion non-true-bypass pedals).  I may buy one and try it out (say what you will about GC, but their return policy is nice).

Back