More options for Snakehead

Max1981

Why is the Snakehead the most restricted neck/headstock style out of all the options Warmoth offers? I get that it's a replica of a component of a historic instrument, but not everybody will use it for that purpose. Maybe someone wants a Snakehead with Pau Ferro and Bubinga, a 12" radius, Clapton profile, and Schaller locking tuners. Or a tiltback made of Ebony... I could go on...

I would think you answered your own question. Maybe someone is not a lot and it probably comes down to it not being viable to do so.

I'm with you on that one. As Stratamania said, I'd reckon it's an ROI thing. I believe the guys at Guitar Mill offer Snakehead with different options, so that could be an option until such time as Warmoth gets into it. I've been lusting after one with a rosewood board for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. I can't seem to get their website to load presently, hopefully that's not indicative of anything...

The Moderne Dance said:
Why is the Snakehead the most restricted neck/headstock style out of all the options Warmoth offers? I get that it's a replica of a component of a historic instrument, but not everybody will use it for that purpose. Maybe someone wants a Snakehead with Pau Ferro and Bubinga, a 12" radius, Clapton profile, and Schaller locking tuners. Or a tiltback made of Ebony... I could go on...

I would have liked the ability to choose something other than Maple as well (mainly because I'm not a fan of lacquered boards).  You can always email them though.  The worst they can say is no.  Or from your wallet's perspective, I guess yes could be worse.

Back