More 7/8 options

rauchman

Luv the idea of the 7/8 setups, but options are very limited to body and neck choices

Would luv to see
7/8 Body Blank
7/8 Body choices of Velocity, JazzMaster, Mooncaster, etc

7/8 Tiltback or Vintage/Modern neck choices (for those of us that like to make our own neck heel....can't do that with the side adjust)

A 7/8 Velocity is very interesting.  One of my fav guits is a BMG.  Small body, 24 scale 24 frets.  A 7/8 Velocity is close to that. And I could put some different pups/switching in it.

7/8 Strat seems like an awesome style.  It look likes a comfortable shape and allows both options of rear or front control route.

The only reason I haven't built one is because I already have 7/8 neck fitted to a Mustang body.  It is not because of lack of desirable options.

If Warmoth can make the scale length slightly longer to 25.0", that would give me an excuse to build one.

Don't they already have defacto 7/8 body blanks? The pocket is the same and it's up to you where to put the bridge.

I want a 7/8 Soloist!

7/8 bridge & pickup position routing has, in the past, been done on many rear rout bodies (carved top models excluded, if memory serves). The body itself would still be a full-size Soloist shape, for example--and the control routing would be the same as a regular body--but a 7/8 neck would be compatible. Can't recall the upcharge, so contact customer service.

Yeah, but I want an actual 7/8 Soloist body shape ie a Dinky

swarfrat said:
Don't they already have defacto 7/8 body blanks? The pocket is the same and it's up to you where to put the bridge.

I want a 7/8 Soloist!

I asked a few months ago.....nada

Yep 7/8 Soloist would be great. As much as I’d want a 7/8 Velocity, I’d prefer/buy for a 7/8 soloist.

W if you are listening, I’m looking to make a purchase within a month or so.  :hello2:

Voila - 7/8 body blank. Also 55/64th body blank and 29/32ndths body blank.

Attachments

• bodyblank.png
    bodyblank.png
    382.8 KB · Views: 58
swarfrat said:
Yes. Nothing but the neck pocket

Eeeesh, I'd be very leary of routing for a trem this way.

But, you're making me think.....

I wonder, if one did get a normal blank with a neck pocket and bridge route, and then lengthened the channel for the neck pocket...I wonder if that would be the way to go.  I'm guessing the dimensional difference would be a neck pocket?  I'm guessing brining in the pocket by 3/8" would correctly align the distance from the bridge to the 12th fret and nut for the correct intonation?

Sorry - sometimes I forget that post 1989, virtually 99.99% of electric guitars STILL come with tremolo systems.  I was thinking "just measure, mark and drill" for the bridge.

Back