Mooncaster Bass Guitar Body - Short Scale & Long Scale.

Re-Pete

I wonder if Warmoth would consider doing a Mooncaster Bass Guitar body....Same construction to their guitar Mooncaster....with both short scale (30 & 32") & long scale (34") variants? :icon_thumright:

TBurst Std said:
I second this.  Put some ChiSonic pups in it.

LOL Must admit to having googled "Chisonic" to know what you were talking about! A variety of pickup routing options would be nice, but if a pinch, J Bass & P Bass would do.. maybe MM Bass pickup routing too?

Could just sneak up on the idea by putting a baritone conversion neck on a Mooncaster body.

I am, as I type this, sitting three feet away from a prototype Mooncaster short scale bass, with TV Jones Thundertron pickups in it. It is a thing of beauty.

No 34" in the works as of yet, so it's a long ways away at best, but the short-scale Mooncaster bass is a reality. We also have a VIP short scale bass that is sitting...um...I wanna say, ten feet away from me.

These will be coming out the first half of next year sometime.

Goes a little something like this...

Attachments

• 20161226_095149_resized.jpg
    20161226_095149_resized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 536
You guys ...  :cool01:

I love coming here to this forum and finding stuff like this. Just love it. It could mean more 24" stuff for smaller peeps like me in the future. Perhaps ... Hopefully ...

double A said:
I am, as I type this, sitting three feet away from a prototype Mooncaster short scale bass, with TV Jones Thundertron pickups in it. It is a thing of beauty.

No 34" in the works as of yet, so it's a long ways away at best, but the short-scale Mooncaster bass is a reality. We also have a VIP short scale bass that is sitting...um...I wanna say, ten feet away from me.

So 32" scale doable?
I totally need a job now.

TBurst Std said:
double A said:

So 32" scale doable?
I totally need a job now.
Same here (dammit).

Now, this could cause me to want to build a bass for myself. That one's a thing of beauty. At least the quarter we can see is.

Other than the 2 in process builds, I have another 4 on the board.  A short scale mooncaster bass I think just jumped ahead of those 4.

Yep, 30" or 32" will be totally do-able.

Bear in mind the picture above is of the prototype. Some options may not be available in the final body. Specifically: not sure the dog-ear mounting rings will be a thing.

But ya....it's gonna be cool!

Sometimes you read a thread that makes you reconsider the prioritization of your entire project list. Cool!

double A said:

Is the Green Black Korina VIP that I assembled with the all Rosewood neck still sitting around there?

Well then. I'm no bass player, and none of the bass bodies have really caught my eye yet, but this would definitely make me consider buying a Warmoth Mooncaster Bass.

Can't provide any details yet. It's still a prototype, so...

Back