Mooncaster Bass Guitar Body - Short Scale & Long Scale.

Well well well. I come from a Christmas break to find my Thread has hit pay dirt.... Thanks for replies Double A.

To me it just seems a logical progression from the manufacture of the guitar body shape. I suppose you might have to reshape/resize it if it is to go full scale 34"?

TBurst Std said:
double A said:
Goes a little something like this...
So double A, can you offer the body and neck woods used for this prototype.  Your impressions on tone?

Swamp ash body with a Ebony fretboard, can't really see what neck wood that is though.

Will there be a new headstock design as well? The current 2x2 just doesn't look right once the hardware gets installed. All hardware, no headstock...

As much as we can now, I am speccing out this build as I am excited about it.  Was planning on the 2x2 with Hipshot ultralights

You know, a mooncaster type neck in line 4 might be nice

The did release some starcaster basses

$200 for a Chinese part? Used? Why the punishment? Are they charging $175/hr. to disassemble the thing? I'll bet the whole instrument only cost $119 complete, after shipping and markup.

Re-Pete said:
Mayfly said:

Double check the neck pocket dimensions. I know on the guitar version, the neck pocket is different to the standard Fender pocket that Warmoth relies upon.

Quoted for truth.

Mooncasters are their own animal...not compatible with their normal necks and neck pockets.

TBurst Std said:
double A - any update on how the development of this is coming along?

Slowly. I've seen, held, played the prototype. That's it.

I try not to say too much about prototypes, because I always underestimate how long it will take for them to come out, and the specs aren't finalized. With that caveat out of the way, I'll say it's definitely my favorite of the Warmoth short scale bass offerings. Funner than crap to play.

Speaking of crap...

While the bit fiddler for the CNC is contemplating his navel, perhaps he could consider editing the program to carve out at least a little more internal room in the lower horn of that body style so installing a pickup selector switch isn't a nightmare from hell. Either that, or add an access panel on the back. Either way would be fine. As it is, accomplishing that task is truly miserable.

Cagey said:
Speaking of crap...

While the bit fiddler for the CNC is contemplating his navel, perhaps he could consider editing the program to carve out at least a little more internal room in the lower horn of that body style so installing a pickup selector switch isn't a nightmare from hell. Either that, or add an access panel on the back. Either way would be fine. As it is, accomplishing that task is truly miserable.

Rear access panels FTW! Pretty please. With sugar on top? :binkybaby:

Funny thing happened on my way to this forum.  I actually found aforementioned starcaster cherryburst chinese body at stratosphere, and thought hey, that's kinda cool.  (Maybe they have a whole bunch of them and it's not the same one.)  Then I winged over here to the suggestion box to plug for it, because if anyone can do it better, Warmoth can.  And here y'all are already.

So, uh, I might be in.  I might have to wait a year or so, but yeah, I like it.

ghotiphry said:
Funny thing happened on my way to this forum.  I actually found aforementioned starcaster cherryburst chinese body at stratosphere, and thought hey, that's kinda cool.  (Maybe they have a whole bunch of them and it's not the same one.)  Then I winged over here to the suggestion box to plug for it, because if anyone can do it better, Warmoth can.  And here y'all are already.

So, uh, I might be in.  I might have to wait a year or so, but yeah, I like it.

Are you sure? Cause yano...It's not exactly a Jazz Bass... :laughing7:

Back