monster twins

givememytoys

heres some pics of my latest rig you all know what these are so ill skip all the details.i upgraded from my dc-5
and ill never look back
washburn019.jpg

washburn016.jpg

these have the most incrediable total rock and roll tone im in love /////oh no now ive done it///
stereo duals
amp008.jpg

what have i done

Nice, but what is a DC-5?

That diamondplate on the dual recto has always irritated me for some reason, but the tone makes up for it I suppose. :party07:

Sweet!! I want a dual recto so bad! but all i could get was a B-52 AT-100. The clean channel is great but the overdrive sucks. But anyway sweet rig!

Stratman1188 said:
Sweet!! I want a dual recto so bad! but all i could get was a B-52 AT-100. The clean channel is great but the overdrive sucks. But anyway sweet rig!
you might have to do what i did sell all the gear you dont use and then some that you do and go for it . im totaly happy with this baby it is so freakin loud and the chrunch chanel  is the best ive heard my best buddy has a triaxis and hes now buying a triple  these are bad.....!!!!!

What else can be said I love it. I don't know for sure about the diamond plate but I believe that it means to show that this amp is meant to get down and dirty. A real workhorse for a real worker.

this is a workhorse really its a tank because i have to customize every thing  i ordered another diamond plate of ebay for $15.00 for the front im going to bead blast it at work to get a different effect if it looks like i think it will ill stop there if not im going to have it powdercoated a flat black- grey

I have a first generation mesa dual rectifier that I have swapped out the tubes in for el34's.  It is big and bad with more marshall like tones, but mesa's incredible build quality.  I couldn't kill this thing if I tried.  Still, though I hate the diamond plate too!!!

guitlouie said:
I have a first generation mesa dual rectifier that I have swapped out the tubes in for el34's.  It is big and bad with more marshall like tones, but mesa's incredible build quality.  I couldn't kill this thing if I tried.  Still, though I hate the diamond plate too!!!
got me a second one with Mesa Dual Rec My Personal Fave
Price: 158.50 
Description: A lot of my customers know that I own a Dual Rec and quite often ask me "What is your favorite tube lineup?" So here it is! This is what I run in my DR. After a lot of experimenting with different grades I came up with the perfect grades to do this and get the bias just right. For power I run an Integrated quad of two KT77's in the outside sockets with a pair of 6V6's in the inside sockets and two GZ34 rectifiers. For the front end a Gold Pin ECC803S in V1, a Gold Pin ECC83S in V2, a high gain ECC83S in V3, a standard ECC83S in V4 and a balanced ECC83S in V5. These get a killer clean and a smooth rich tone with plenty of distortion and the warmest tone I've heard yet from a DR. I run these in the tube rec and EL34 mode in the bold setting.
    it has more of what el34s have but without the thinness inherint it the el34s man what a rock machine

Back