Mjt finishing

Fender.Fan said:
I wonder if anyone else has had a 7/8  sent to Mjt

My guitar bodies were all regular size but if you contact them via the contact field on their website I think its Mark who responds and they have been pretty good about being timely if you have questions relating to 7/8 for them. Wendy takes over the communication once you send them something. But I have not as of this writing sent off a 7/8 body. My tele was the smallest thing I have sent but it was a full size tele body. I did see another tele they did for someone in person in my town that was a really nice shade of green. I think that was regular size though too.

You know... if you pitched the process right to guitar players (using voodoo terms and not scientific ones) and got Eric Johnson to endorse it...  it could be a thing. I wish I were kidding:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOD2ffGE7yw[/youtube]

For those interested, here’s my Warmoth 7/8 strat ‘pre-relic’, MJT sent me a couple shots this morning!

RBttStf.jpg

hgv5SSG.jpg

That's sharp! Seems like a cruel sort of crime to bang it up on purpose.

Golly!  That's very pretty.  If you're gonna do a relic job, well, that's your thing and everything I've seen out of MJT suggests it will be well done; but if you were to have a change of heart, you could do a lot worse than that lovely, unblemished blue.

That blue is quite nice. I'd be tempted to clear it and call it good. Whether you relic it or not, it'll be a fine guitar.

I want to know what they did to flatten the tubing that's screwed on it. It's like they just ran the end of it into some convenient piece of farm machinery.

Got a bench vise? Got some "thinwall" electrical conduit? Got a drill motor? You, too, can make body/neck holder thingys.

A piece of 1" (or so) diameter thinwall clamped into a vise until it squeals will flatten the end easily enough. Drill some mounting holes, and Poof! A part holder!

Thinwall conduit (sometimes called "EMT" or "Electro Mechanical Tubing") is dirt cheap, too. Figger $5 for a 10' length at your local home improvement center.

I just received my W tele body from MJT, closet clean shoreline gold with soft line checking and it looks great, I will post a few pics later  :icon_thumright:

I lOVE blue guitars.  Should look cool afterwards.  I'd like to make paint graffiti yellow over my sunburst strat and remove enough paint in areas for the old finish to come through.

here are a few pics of my body, finished in shoreline gold, closet clean with line checking:

for the rest of my project you can check here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29207.0

Looks awesome! Mine should be in the final stage they said, so not too much longer  :blob7:

They got the parcel mid-may and I received it last week, almost 3 months.
I know that it takes some time due to the aging process and the nitro etc...

So people if you want a job from them be sure that you're in no hurry  :icon_biggrin:

I had MJT refinish a LP junior for me in satin white. No relic. Nitro.
It came out better than the original Gibson paint job and looks killer.
It wasn’t cheap, but it is top notch and I would def recommend them.

Samhain said:
I had MJT refinish a LP junior for me in satin white. No relic. Nitro.
It came out better than the original Gibson paint job and looks killer.
It wasn’t cheap, but it is top notch and I would def recommend them.

They do great work, are nice people, and they stay in touch about your project. MJT for the win!

Back