Mixing brands...

T.L.

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked here.
I was wondering if anyone here has put a USACG neck on a Warmoth body, and if so, how it turned out.
USCG seems to have a LOT of neck options that Warmoth does not offer, but Warmoth has the body I want (USACG doesn't offer a Soloist body)...

I used a Warmoth neck on a MightyMite flame maple Telecaster body and it turned out really nice. I don't see any problem at all using components from different makers, and long as the neck pocket and scale are the same.

I bought and returned a couple of USACG necks off of eBay; was unimpressed with quality of wood and neck pocket fit in either a Fender or Warmoth body.

Max said:
What kind of neck options are you looking for?

They will cut it to the exact thickness I want. They will custom-carve the headstock to the shape I want. Cut me a R2 Floyd Rose nut shelf with a top-adjust truss rod, Graphite reinforcement rods,

The Warmoth Strat neck is too chunky for me, and the "Wizard" is too damn thin...

If the neck is cut to the measurements that they SAY it is, I see no reason why it shouldn't fit a neck pocket of the same dimensions on a Warmoth body...

In my experience, mighty mite neck pocket is too deep therefore if you use a 22 fret neck with overhang the pickguard will not fit. Warmoth neck is designed for neck pocket depth of 5/8 but Mighty Mite neck pocket depth is like 1/16" deeper than 5/8 so you will either have to shim it or something... If it's a 21 fret neck then it's no issue.

Also make sure the neck bolt hole match, sometimes they're off a little and if you try to screw it in you will damage the neck. I cracked the heel of an American Deluxe neck this way.

jackthehack said:
Do you find the neck on a Fender American Strat "chunky", too?

The current production models are slightly thick for my taste. My 1990 American Standard Strat neck is noticably thinner. In fact, I measured it, and it is .750" @ the 1st fret, and .830" @ the 13th. The Warmoth Strat neck is .800 to .850., and the Warmoth "Wizard" neck is .735 @ the 1st (too thin for me).

Yes, I am being ultra-picky, but if it's gonna be a "custom" guitar, then it should be exactly what I like.

Granted, a thicker neck is better for tone, but some of that will need to be sacrificed for the sake of playability. I have a hard enough time on necks that are comfortable for me...

rahimiiii said:
In my experience, mighty mite neck pocket is too deep therefore if you use a 22 fret neck with overhang the pickguard will not fit. Warmoth neck is designed for neck pocket depth of 5/8 but Mighty Mite neck pocket depth is like 1/16" deeper than 5/8 so you will either have to shim it or something... If it's a 21 fret neck then it's no issue.

Also make sure the neck bolt hole match, sometimes they're off a little and if you try to screw it in you will damage the neck. I cracked the heel of an American Deluxe neck this way.

I will be drilling my own holes in both the neck and the body. As for neck pocket depth, 1/16" should not be an issue since the guitar will not have a pick guard. The fretboard overhang "should" sit flush on the body like my ESP and Ibanez guitars. If it's more than 1/16" deeper, it's gonna be a problem. USACG lists the same measurements that Warmoth does, so if they're off, I'll return the damn thing (they do have a warranty)...

Back