Meanwhile, at Warmoth...Roasted Swamp Ash bodies!

T89Rex said:
So are these a new permanent option or a limited time thing?

We are investing the time to incorporate this wood into the visual builders, if that tells you anything.  :icon_thumright:

T89Rex said:
I've only just put in a guitar order a few weeks back but some of those Strats with clear satin are seriously tempting me to do something reckless.

Fortune favors the bold!

anorakDan said:
I love what happens when you put a clear gloss finish on that wood!

Same here. You'd think you could just stain Ash and get the same appearance, but this seems unique, somehow. You know there's something different about that body as soon as you see it.

Wow, what a dramatic color shift when finished. God these are beautiful. I knew I would want one (or 4...)

I would think that the transparent finishes would also darken it. If so, that would give most interesting results.

rgand said:
I would think that the transparent finishes would also darken it. If so, that would give most interesting results.

Yep....the way this wood darkens when finished is very unique, and the way it will change with transparent finishes, bursts, etc. is a bit of uncharted territory for us. So which of you brave souls wants to go where no man has gone before, and order a Roasted Swamp Ash body in Green Burst....you know....just to see what it looks like?  :icon_thumright:

double A said:
Yep....the way this wood darkens when finished is very unique, and the way it will change with transparent finishes, bursts, etc. is a bit of uncharted territory for us. So which of you brave souls wants to go where no man has gone before, and order a Roasted Swamp Ash body in Green Burst....you know....just to see what it looks like?  :icon_thumright:

Has anybody ordered a transparent color finish on a roasted ash body yet??  Any pictures of the results?  I would imagine that reds/browns would look fine, but I'm really curious about blues / greens.....

mysteryclock said:
Has anybody ordered a transparent color finish on a roasted ash body yet??  Any pictures of the results?  I would imagine that reds/browns would look fine, but I'm really curious about blues / greens.....

There's a Jazzmaster here in trans red. Haven't seen a blue or green one yet.

kkaarrll said:
WarmothRules said:
I guessing like the roasted maple necks these are fine kept raw?

I would like to know this also....
Fine in the sense that it wouldn't be likely to warp. But you'd probably have to work at it to get most 1 3/4" thick slabs of well seasoned hardwood to warp much anyway.

Not so fine in that ash has a very open grain that would collect skin/sweat/beer etc. Roasting it doesn't change this. I guess it depends on the look you're going for!

Fat Pete said:
...you'd probably have to work at it to get most 1 3/4" thick slabs of well seasoned hardwood to warp much anyway.

You'd be surprised at how willing Maple is to move around on you, even after it's been well-seasoned. Walnut can be just as bad.

Fat Pete said:
Not so fine in that ash has a very open grain that would collect skin/sweat/beer etc.

Don't forget hooker dust!

Also known as "body glitter" or "the herpes of the craft world" :laughing7:

Back