Meanwhile, at Warmoth...Roasted Swamp Ash bodies!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
14207611_10155272807093289_3923831568599748875_o.jpg

See all the Roasted Swamp Ash guitar bodies here.

See all the Roasted Swamp Ash bass bodies here.

Would i be correct in assuming that you could stain roasted swamp ash without grain filling?  :eek:

Look at the weights of some of those things. 2lbs, 10 oz; 2lbs, 13 oz; 2 lbs,14 oz! Damn impressive. Make a baritone and you'll need a mike stand to prop the neck on. :icon_biggrin:

Hey...just a l'il heads-up for the cool kids at UW: keep your eyes peeled next Wednesday for a second announcement regarding Roasted Swamp Ash!

Mayfly said:
wow - the light ones really have that peavey T-60 look to them!

YES! My first "real" guitar was a Peavey T-15.

Mayfly said:
wow - the light ones really have that peavey T-60 look to them!

They do, don't they? Here's the back of my T-40, I think someone's oiled it in the past.

8335EDB1-63FE-43C7-8906-545C77118376_zpskeftbkov.jpg

The body probably weighs the same as the 4 in the top picture. That is, all 4 of them added together.

Ok, so my prediction http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27044.0 was two days early. Prophets are not always exactly right, but still ...

[youtube]hmyuE0NpNgE[/youtube]

amigarobbo said:
The body probably weighs the same as the 4 in the top picture. That is, all 4 of them added together.

:)

Hey Arron!  can you guys do some T series bodes for us?  Peavey won't mind!  .... or will they... :eek:

Mayfly said:
amigarobbo said:

:)

Hey Arron!  can you guys do some T series bodes for us?  Peavey won't mind!  .... or will they... :eek:

I'm sitting on hold with Peavey now. I'm sure Hartley will be picking up any second.

As long as I've got him on the line, I'll ask if we can have the CNC program for the Vandenberg body too.

Damnit! I just ordered an ash body less than 2 weeks ago.

Granted, it's a 3 lb 8 oz light ash body, but still.....

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Logrinn said:
Ok, so my prediction http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27044.0 was two days early. Prophets are not always exactly right, but still ...
On the other side, time isn't the same as we perceive it.  :icon_biggrin:

That would be nice. I've recently fallen in love with the offset-waist designs, and would love one in roasted Ash. But, I think I read Aaron saying they have a pretty limited supply of the wood and an uncertain supply line, so they'll be Showcase only offerings. Because of that, I doubt they'll go too far off the beaten path when choosing which models to make on spec.

I've only just put in a guitar order a few weeks back but some of those Strats with clear satin are seriously tempting me to do something reckless.

Back