Meanwhile, at Warmoth....introducing the NOMAD body and neck!

I shouldn't be surprised by the comments about the strap button, but I always figured that the explorer was that other company's attempt to solve their poor strap button geometry by counter-weighting the guitar body enough to avoid the problem.

Certainly glad to see it back in one form or another, aside from the LP, I think it's one of the more iconic shapes in guitar history..Some would say the strat and tele are, but this body style has been around almost as long... :rock-on:

I'm all over it. Not sure about the headstock - definitely works, but will have to look at the other options and see which I'd most like to pair. But overall one looks pretty good.

For some reason GAS'ing for just a simple korina/mahogany one-hum metal guitar lately, this would seem like a good option for that

"I added these fins here to lower wind resistance, and this racing stripe, I feel, is pretty sharp!" -HJS  :laughing7:

Hey Aaron *or anyone who may know), if I were to get a Nomad with the lower bout toggle (top rout toggle), would  need an angled 3-way toggle, or would a straight one work?

Timmsie95 said:
Hey Aaron *or anyone who may know), if I were to get a Nomad with the lower bout toggle (top rout toggle), would  need an angled 3-way toggle, or would a straight one work?

Umm....I don't know the answer to that. I think it's deep enough for a straight toggle, but I'm not 100% sure. Email your question to partstech@warmoth.com and you will get a definitive answer.

double A said:
Timmsie95 said:

Umm....I don't know the answer to that. I think it's deep enough for a straight toggle, but I'm not 100% sure. Email your question to partstech@warmoth.com and you will get a definitive answer.

Sweet, thanks. :eek:ccasion14:

I already have a strat build coming in, and this morning I woke up and saw THIS!  :sad:

Man, I love the shape of Explorers and Ibanez Destroyers, and this is like the love child of both!

I would do it Tony Iommi style, with locking nut neck and a fine tuner T-O-M tailpiece.

Oh man, how am I going to convince my girlfriend I NEED THIS after ordering some strat parts?  :icon_biggrin:

swarfrat said:
I shouldn't be surprised by the comments about the strap button, but I always figured that the explorer was that other company's attempt to solve their poor strap button geometry by counter-weighting the guitar body enough to avoid the problem.

This guy put it on one of the neck strap buttons. Clever move.
[youtube]rQhRZDREI5I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Say there was a warmoth competition and you got the Nomad body and neck. Not lying.

There is one, but I cannot enter because I dont have Twitter  :sad:

Don't need any social media to enter I'm fairly certain! As long as you don't win instead of me...

That's weird, where was the "only email needed" contest?
I only found one where I had to share on Facebook and stuff.
And I had to register a twitter account to be able to fill in one of the entires, so I could get 5 entires, then they said "you're finished"

Haha ok I guess I'm in then  :headbang1:

But I can't get the "10 extra entries" because I can only share on facebook and twitter... That "mail icon" does NOT work to click on! I click it, but absolutely nothing happens.

I passed on the 10 extra entries out of courtesy to my friends.

Cederick said:
Oh man, how am I going to convince my girlfriend I NEED THIS after ordering some strat parts?  :icon_biggrin:

As an adolescent, I'd often wonder how I was going to get away with bringing something home like a heavy guitar amplifier head, or how I was going to hide a 4x12 cabinet (at the drummer's house of course ;) ;)

But as an adult I've realized time and time again that honesty really is the best policy, and...quite frankly...I've grown a little bit lazy over the years so one of Slash's Conspirators I am not (yet)  :guitaristgif:. Call it lack of motivation, or more aptly "burnout" but the point remains that my tried and true method, that I will share with you folks-and to this day it has worked every. single. time.-is to respond honestly.  :redflag:

Girlfriend/Wife: "Honey, what is this?" or "Where'd you get this?"
You: "Oh, I've had that."  :icon_thumright:

There it is.
4 magic words: "I've had that." and it's true! The UPS man practically broke his back bringing you your oversized 8x15 bass cab, or in this case, your brand new Nomad Body/Neck and yes, it DID just arrive today just a couple of hours ago, but remember...you've had that. :cool01:

Back