May 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

how does one insert a video?  I clicked the youtube button and inserted the URL...never seems to work for me.

Thanks for the kind remarks....we are very proud.  The only downside is he is a much better player than I am. :laughing8:

You don't use the whole youtube URL.  You just take the actual video identifier (the alphanumeric gobbledygook after the equals symbol) and put it between the youtube tags.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRtSOwGYVTY

would look like this:

Code:
[youtube]uRtSOwGYVTY[/youtube]

Cagey, you think we could put a "how to post youtube videos" sticky somewhere?  I certainly screwed it up a few times before someone else showed how in another thread.

stratamania said:
I will make a video in the next day or so on how to do the YouTube thing.

Videos are always good, but see here before you do. If that's clear enough, you may not need to bother.

Certainly clear enough for me. But a video might be helpful to some if I can free up a little time.

Cagey said:
stratamania said:

Videos are always good, but see here before you do. If that's clear enough, you may not need to bother.

Thanks.  I was posting the entire link

Cagey said:
stratamania said:

Hi Cagey,

I put a video together, I was going to add it to the thread you linked but it appears to have no reply function. Here it is if you would care to add it to the thread.

[youtube]Spar4SF_zzo[/youtube]

Back