1 11/16 nut width,
Variax headstock,
Abalone dot inlays

3399933257_4192d20b82.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/3399933333_f3ec91c61f.jpg?v=0

3399933449_88b98976bf.jpg

Patrick

looks great!
i probably missed it but what kind of finish is on the body?
looks like spray paint

M

metalman22105

not spray paint, waterbased dye. I'm going to finish the neck the same way, not sure about the fingerboard though, I might leave it like it is...

blue313

Sweet neck!  I vote to leave it for now, you can always dye it later on.

Is that a matte finished body or have you just not gotten around to the clear?

M

metalman22105

the body is just waterbased dye straight onto the wood, I'm going to seal it with satin nitro, but I haven't gotten around to it yet! haha!

rapfohl09

why is it a variax neck? Is that just the headstock design? for some reason I thought it had something to do with something special about the variax electronics.

Tempest

rapfohl09 said:
why is it a variax neck? Is that just the headstock design? for some reason I thought it had something to do with something special about the variax electronics.

All of the variax electronics are in the body.  So it's just a different headstock.

Nice looking neck you got there, that fretboard looks cool with the abalone dots.  :icon_thumright:

M

metalman22105

Thanks!! I chose the variax headstock because of the straight across peghead holes, as opposed to the standard warmoth Pro headstock with the staggered holes, I just prefer a cleaner, more in-line look. I really like the abalone dots too, they have  a great effect! when the guitar is finished I'll post some really nice high-quality pics

Tempest

That body looks pretty killer to man.  Nice work on the finish!

You a Tremonti fan?  I noticed your pickup selection.

M

metalman22105

Thanks for the compliments!! Yeah, I'm a huge fan of tremonti, (haha, that's not the only reason I went for the treminti bridge pickup though!) I played a tremonti signature PRS at a store and fell in love with the tone of his pickup, I'm also a  huge fan of Noah Henson (guitarist for Pillar,) I really like huge, fat guitar tones, and the tremonti bridge pickup just sounded huge in my opinion! I went with the HFS neck though, I kind of wanted matching open-coil pickups