6105 SS frets,
1 11/16 nut width,
Variax headstock,
Abalone dot inlays

3399933257_4192d20b82.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/3399933333_f3ec91c61f.jpg?v=0

3399933449_88b98976bf.jpg

looks great!
i probably missed it but what kind of finish is on the body?
looks like spray paint

not spray paint, waterbased dye. I'm going to finish the neck the same way, not sure about the fingerboard though, I might leave it like it is...

Sweet neck!  I vote to leave it for now, you can always dye it later on.

Is that a matte finished body or have you just not gotten around to the clear?

the body is just waterbased dye straight onto the wood, I'm going to seal it with satin nitro, but I haven't gotten around to it yet! haha!

why is it a variax neck? Is that just the headstock design? for some reason I thought it had something to do with something special about the variax electronics.

rapfohl09 said:
why is it a variax neck? Is that just the headstock design? for some reason I thought it had something to do with something special about the variax electronics.

All of the variax electronics are in the body.  So it's just a different headstock.

Nice looking neck you got there, that fretboard looks cool with the abalone dots.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks!! I chose the variax headstock because of the straight across peghead holes, as opposed to the standard warmoth Pro headstock with the staggered holes, I just prefer a cleaner, more in-line look. I really like the abalone dots too, they have  a great effect! when the guitar is finished I'll post some really nice high-quality pics

That body looks pretty killer to man.  Nice work on the finish!

You a Tremonti fan?  I noticed your pickup selection.

Thanks for the compliments!! Yeah, I'm a huge fan of tremonti, (haha, that's not the only reason I went for the treminti bridge pickup though!) I played a tremonti signature PRS at a store and fell in love with the tone of his pickup, I'm also a  huge fan of Noah Henson (guitarist for Pillar,) I really like huge, fat guitar tones, and the tremonti bridge pickup just sounded huge in my opinion! I went with the HFS neck though, I kind of wanted matching open-coil pickups

Back