LP Body - no holes for grounding(How to remove studs)

and ya STILL need a pad under it... however ya do it...  a rubber washer works well (faucet supply!).

m129203103.jpg

not to be an arse, but I think thats the wrong stud... You should have used the stud, nearest to the cavity.

Nice les paul though!  :headbang:

Yes, Orpheo you are right

This one I do it just for the sake of photo shooting.  End up I removed 3 studs  :icon_biggrin:

So - let me get this straight? If I had Warmoth put the studs in for me there's no way to ground the guitar without removing one of them? Why would I pay $10 for this?

wait a sec - someone tell me that they install the ground wire... please :)

nice demo

once i encountered this on a emg based guitar (jackson)with a fixed bridge...my solution was

removing the studs all of them, they were basicaly pressed in i used a large screw with a autp body slide and in a split second they were out with no damage at all

i then dremeled out a small grove nearest the stud hole lika like a slot....i took the stud  insert i puled out and then soldered the wire to the side...i them pressed it back in, and filled the corner like a hairs size....this inturn let me run a wire from the stud insert through into the pickup cavity where i gtrounded it to the same shielding on the cavity, then i was able to slide the stud in with the wire due to the small grove i shaved out

if anyone needed a extra way

"once i encountered this on a emg based guitar (jackson)with a fixed bridge...my solution was

removing the studs all of them, they were basicaly pressed in i used a large screw with a autp body slide and in a split second they were out with no damage at all"

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but someone here that has experience with active emg pickups please come forward....Ive read elswhere here that they do not need to be grounded to the bridge?

Brian

no no sorry u miss understood

it came with emgs...so when i installed regular passive i had to install a ground to the stud insert...this is how i installed it...i know emgs dont have a ground, thats is why i took these steps to install one fo the new wiring setup i done

sorry for the confusion

Back