Love/hate relationship

Marko! I've got a feeling that you shall make the sister of that strat you sold as an SG... To take the ghosts of the house for the mistakenly sold and these two weird SGs...

Black Korina body, Bloodwood neck with Ebony fingerboard and matching headstock veneer.

You know it makes sense and it's right!

But.. I really hate SGs!!!
I technically still own the SG's btw, they are at a buddy's house in Holland..

3698144993_6561c92424_z.jpg

My old Gibson BFG. Loved the tones I could get out of that thing, the pickup set up was perfect for me, and the neck profile was great. BUT I hated the "raw" feeling it was supposed to have. The neck wasn't "raw" as Gibson had advertised it, it had a really oily finish on it that got gross with little playing. The back of the body wasn't even sanded really. The top edge of the body was damn sharp against my ribcage. And lastly the thing was just freaking heavy.

Guitar25.jpg

That is my love hate guitar. It sounds amazing, but the action is just a bit to high, the finish has some flaws that really annoy me, the intonation needs constant adjustment and I can't really get the trem springs set right. But after some setup it sounds amazing......until it needs another setup  :sad1:

Back