Lord of the pedals

Seamas said:
I like Josh from JHS, I watch his videos on youtube a lot.
I've also been watching a lot of That Pedal Show.

I have as a result developed a bigger interest in pedals.
I used to think all dirt pedals were the same and thought since I owned a BD-2 I probably wouldn't have any use for any other dirt pedal. Then I got a fuzzbox and wondered why I  never bothered getting one before.

I’m the same. I like those shows a lot and my interest in pedals have skyrocketed.

T89Rex said:
And then you need multiple fuzzes, because a Big Muff sounds nothing like a Fuzz Face, and one day you wake up and realise you own 15 gain pedals.

I’m sure I don’t know what you are talking about ... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:

T89Rex said:
:icon_biggrin:
This blew my mind when I saw it on Instagram. The objectively best sound was when they were all turned on.

This was a Guinness World Record attempt at the largest guitar effects pedal board. And yes, one of the criteria was that ALL had to be on at one stage.

Just to clarify...
This was a real board and it had to all work....

Rob Scallon pitched the idea to Sweetwater, they had the pedals and gear to do it & they accepted with Rob ...

Josh Scott (JHS Pedals), Robert Keeley (Keeley Electronics), Brian Wampler (Wampler Pedals), the staff at Sweeta0water & the people who build the Temple Audio pedal boards all got involved.

By chance, Alex Lifeson was in town doing other work with Sweetwater, heard it was being attempted & called in when it was nearly completed.... He spoke with all, got interested, then grabbed Rob's guitar and gave it a try.... Blew Rob's mind doing that.

There were criteria they had to fulfil before Guinness would pass it as a world record.... it's explained in the video on either Sweetwater or Rob's channel....

Rob had to perform a piece of music demonstrating the 'board' and demonstrate that all could be turned on and then all turned off.

Such was the secrecy of the attempt (as they didn't know if it could be done), Sweetwater hired their theatre away from their warehouse complex so folks at the plant wouldn't know unless they were directly involved.

The pedal guys & Temple Audio worked with Rob & Sweetwater over a two day spread to set it all up, trouble shoot any issues and get it all working.

It actually went down quite well....

Josh Scott said on JHS' YT channel in a video that he thought the power distribution was going to be the killer, but the Temple Audio people had a new power product that had just released so they were able to install that in each board and provide sufficient power to the boards.

After the attempt was completed the boards were separated from the whole rig and Sweetwater raffled off a few I think, and the participants and a few other You Tubers got a pedal board each... Pete Thorn got one & I think Fluff of Riffs, Beards & Gear got one too.... JHS Pedals has a board they are going to give to a winner who entered a competition they held for it...

Rob Scallon & Sweetwater now hold the Guinness World Record for the largest guitar effects board.... 319 pedals btw....  :icon_thumright:

I am an anti pedal guy and still have three or four. Rarely used. But they still found their way in the house when I wasnt looking. Korg tuner. Behringer delay and bdi21.

I do use a delay and compressor on the eleven rack though.

swarfrat said:
I am an anti pedal guy and still have three or four. Rarely used. But they still found their way in the house when I wasnt looking. Korg tuner. Behringer delay and bdi21.

I do use a delay and compressor on the eleven rack though.
You need a little distortion too... :toothy12:
48806084486_bb301b42f1_b.jpg

Okay okay. I do have a tube screamer model patched into the JCM800 models.

Back