Looking for opinions on the Musiclander body shape....

Guys, the Musiclander is not being discontinued.

It doesn't appear on the main menu for the same reason that a few other bodies (all the double-necks, 7-string, etc) don't: there isn't enough room from all of them.

If you actually click on the main Guitar Bodies link instead of hovering over it you'll be taken to a page that shows all the body models we offer.

I've built two Musiclanders. (There's one in my avatar pic.) Both bodies were selected for light weight – both were right around 3 pounds. I've got one with a hardtail bridge and one with a Strat-style trem. Both are super light and comfortable. The hardtail is 6lb 3oz, and the trem is 6lb 13.7oz. Neither has a problem with neck dive. The strap button on the upper rear horn probably helps with that. In terms of size, they seem to be somewhere in between a Strat and Mustang body. I'd definitely try one as a baritone. I enjoy having something different. Both have the Mooncaster neck, but I think the Warhead would look good, too. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Professor Bill, what pickups do you have in your avatar? Definitely, the warhead would look sharp (as does the mooncaster)

Professor Bill, what pickups do you have in your avatar? Definitely, the warhead would look sharp (as does the mooncaster)
When I first assembled it I had McNelly Autumn minihums. They have since been switched to Fralin Firebirds. I've also swapped necks between the the two Musiclanders since the avatar photo. Here's the guitar with a rosewood neck. And here's two pics of both Musiclanders. The Taos Turquoise was finished by Warmoth. The Mary Kay now has the original neck (roasted maple and pao ferro) and is a light relic by BloomDoom, and that guitar has Fralin Big Singles.

IMG_0876.jpegIMG_0707.jpeg
IMG_0706.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back