Looking for feedback on VTB1 Vintage Style Bridge

I'm wondering how people like the VTB1 Vintage style Tele bridge with 6 saddles.
I don't see a brand name either.
https://warmoth.com/index.php/hardware/guitar-bridges/fixed-bridges/tele-bridges/vintage-6-saddle-tele-bridge

Hi Ronsunofficial

I have not used one of those yet as they are a relatively new addition to the Warmoth shop I think. It looks like a good option if you want a vintage style bridge but individual saddle adjustment. There are similar bridges produced or sold by a few manufacturers. The one Warmoth sells could be made for them as an OEM part by Gotoh but that is not certain, someone from Warmoth would need to confirm. Edit: see post of @J-Bones below for actual details...

Here is a link to some information that should be useful to new members, including links to various information and build tips etc.

Welcome to the Forum

Last edited:
i know this post is a year old, but as a newbie to fender style guitars, i will need a tele vintage bridge and i dont know which ones are good and which ones are crap. the 6 saddle looks like it would be easier to intonate but i have never even plugged in a tele, and dont know the difference of brass saddles etc ... what is the best value as for tone vs $ ? recomedations ?

I am a fan of 6 saddle tele bridges for intonation and a tele bridge is really hard to mess up.

The TL;DR on brass vs steel is that brass is softer so the treble is "slighty" muted. There are about a million vairables in guitar building so I would honestly suggest starting with something like this linked bridge and then if you have it all together and want to try something else, there are a bunch of tele style bridges out there but at least you havent wasted much to get your guitar playing and you can mod later if you feel you need it.

FWIW my only vintage style tele left in my collection has a 3 saddle bridge with brass saddles because I found it worked best for that guitar. I preferred steel on other teles for other reasons.

i know this post is a year old, but as a newbie to fender style guitars, i will need a tele vintage bridge and i dont know which ones are good and which ones are crap. the 6 saddle looks like it would be easier to intonate but i have never even plugged in a tele, and dont know the difference of brass saddles etc ... what is the best value as for tone vs $ ? recomedations ?
Just curious how your name is "teleme01" and your profile pic is of a Tele, yet you've never even plugged in a tele?

My thoughts. Part of the Tele sound is 2 part
3 saddles
Massive plate for bridge pickup

Why does a Tele bridge pup slay a Strat bridge pup. It’s the bridge and bridge plate. Not to mention the pup plate, but that’s an easy add for a Strat.

Just curious how your name is "teleme01" and your profile pic is of a Tele, yet you've never even plugged in a tele?
ironic huh? notice my profile pic has no pickups and a gotoh 510, honestly never plugged in a tele

Last edited:
The two economy Tele bridges are made in Korea. The six-saddle has a steel baseplate and zinc saddles, while the three-saddle should have brass saddles with its steel plate. The plates on these are on the thin, vintage end of the spectrum. Despite the low price, their construction feels nicer than many of the cheap Amazon bridges I've tested. The Gotoh bridges are all made in Japan, naturally, with the Standard and Humbucker models having thick 1/8" brass plates and brass (Strat style) saddles. The In-Tune model uses a thinner steel plate with its special brass saddles. The Gotoh stuff can't be beat, unless you're opting for something boutique like a Rutters or Glendale bridge or some very specific estoeric model -- but even then I would be willing to argue with you for a very long time.

Last edited:
Be advised that a vintage Tele has 4 plate mounting screw hole locations with 3 saddle bolts, and the Modern Tele that has 6 saddles have just 3 plate mounting locations under the saddle. With compensated saddle designs, I find the intonation is close enough.

Be advised that a vintage Tele has 4 plate mounting screw hole locations with 3 saddle bolts, and the Modern Tele that has 6 saddles have just 3 plate mounting locations under the saddle. With compensated saddle designs, I find the intonation is close enough.

Whilst not all T bridges have the same mounting in the context of this thread the 6 saddle tele bridges that Warmoth sells, have four vintage style mounting holes. Those are the ones he is referring to.

Bridge discussed in this thread...

Modern style Gotoh tele bridge with vintage mounting.

Back