Looking for Advice and Photos of Swamp Ash Body and Roasted Maple Neck

jeffrbeck

Hello all, I've been a member here for a long time but had to create a new account recently. This is my first Warmoth build from scratch and I picked up an unfinished swamp ash strat body. I really want to order a roasted maple neck because I like that unfinished feel, but I'm concerned about the color differences if I finish the body in clear.

Does anyone have any pics or links to topics which show a non roasted body with a roasted maple neck? I'm just trying to do some research and see what kind of finishing options I have for the body if I want them to match color wise. I tried searching but wasn't easily found.

Thanks,
JB

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=32554.msg455086#msg455086

I found that, but still looking

This is a slab of basswood I'll be working on, so it doesn't quite meet your requirements 100% but can at least show the difference between a RM neck and a light body wood.

Pics without and with flash.

Attachments

• 2022-04-22 09.22.28.jpg
    2022-04-22 09.22.28.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • 2022-04-22 09.22.35.jpg
    2022-04-22 09.22.35.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
NedRyerson said:
This is a slab of basswood I'll be working on, so it doesn't quite meet your requirements 100% but can at least show the difference between a RM neck and a light body wood.

Pics without and with flash.

This is interesting as it appears lighter than what I've seen in some of the pics on the Warmoth site.

Back