Live albums

Holy crap.  I never thought I'd get beat to posting No. Two Live Dinner on this board.  Very good taste Patrick from Davis.  Very good indeed. :hello2:

Currently:

King Crimson - Absent Lovers. KC outdo themselves completely live.
Neil Young - Weld, though most of his live releases are excellent.
Wilco - Kicking Television.

I'm generally more interested in live records than studio ditos - a rock band should always be better live.

Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore.  Volumes 2, 6 and 3
Phish -  A live one (or any of the live full concert releases, I like vol 9)
Rush - Different Stages Live

Live albums are definately a finicky thing...

Metallica - Binge n Purge OR the Edmonton show from last December that I downloaded
Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
Nirvana - Unplugged
Garth Brooks - Double Live

Machine Head: Elegies (Brixton)
Corrosion Of Conformity: Live Volume (Detroit)
Sepultura: Under a Pale Grey Sky (Brixton) Opening band I belive was STRIFE! Holy Hell!

As an avid Metallicat, I firmy believe that "Binge & Purge" Should be Mandatory for any players of that style.

There must be more to life than Metal...or is there?  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1::headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

All Bootlegs...

Buddy Guy & Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live At Legends/Buddy's Birthday 07/30/89...THIS IS THE BLUES!!!

Allman Brothers w/Zakk Wylde - Great Woods Ampitheatre, Mansfield, MA 08/01/93...sounds wierd I know...BUT IT WORKS!!!

Van Halen - London Invasion 06/23/80...FIERY EVH AT HIS BEST!!!  

Ozzy - Tribute

Maiden - Live After Death

Eric Johnson Live at Austin City Limits (buy this video)

Exit...Stage Left, Rush in Rio.

Skin and Bones (Foo Fighters) is great to.  And SRV live at the El Mocambo is really good from what I've seen of it.  

Oh and the Allman Brothers at Fillmore East, Pulse (Pink Floyd) and Live in Gdansk (David Gilmour) are AMAZING to.

Live in Gdansk! That's it. I was at a friend's house, and I couldn't remember that title. What I heard was amazing, right before Rick died.

oops how can we ignore cream's wheels of fire side 2 - especially that long jam of the great willie dixon's spoonful. that imo is the quintessential live jam in all rock music.

My favorite Live album is Throwing Copper.  :icon_biggrin:

Anyway, I also like Allman Bros Live at Filmore East  :icon_thumright:

Oh, I have a good one... Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Theater.  :rock-on:

UFO - Strangers in the Night - If you can't feel the energy of 'Lights Out' you're probably dead.
Magnum - Marauder (wore the cassette out, then the CD)
Iron Maiden - Beast Over Hammersmith (1982 Beast on the Road tour from Eddie's Archive box set)
or Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall
or Gary Moore - Live at Monsters of Rock from 2003

Yes Yessongs
Deep Purple Made in japan
another vote for Trower Live...a lot of weed was smoked while this was on the turn table....

Brian

some of my personal favorites. I know I have an odd taste.  :icon_thumright:

Ben Harper - Live From Mars
Opeth - Lamentations: Live At Sheperd's Bush Empire (even better, though a DVD)  :headbang1:
Jimi Hendrix  - Band of Gypsys

:laughing7:

Back