Level sand and seal on Swamp Tele

Tonar8352

I levle sanded and sealed the Tele today.  Jackthehack and I are on about the same schedule.  I have inclued pictures of the process to bore you.  I like Jacks assistiant better than mine. (Cool dog!)  Also great location!!

I use 3M Sanding Sponges.  The block is for level surface and the thin sponge works great on edges, sides and in the horns.  Notice how clean the block sponge is before I use it.

IMG_1283.jpg

Here it is after sanding the front.  You can see how much paster filler residue came off the surface.

IMG_1286.jpg

Tack rag it off.

IMG_1290.jpg

Spray one wash coat.

IMG_1294.jpg

Finished and ready to hang until Saturday.  I will sand it back more aggressively Saturday and then repeat the steps up to this point with the exception of two seal coats.  Then let it hang a week before one last levle sand and then the pickle coat.

IMG_1297.jpg

New T-Shirts from the beer/liquor vendors from the club work fine; just spit on them before you start rubbing....

-CB- said:
I prefer the stretched sweaty spaghetti strap Ts the gals toss my way.

"Them dainties the ladies throw on stage make a mighty fine soup stock if ya boil 'em long enough."
Dusty Hill, ZZ Top

RLW said:
"Them dainties the ladies throw on stage make a mighty fine soup stock if ya boil 'em long enough."
Dusty Hill, ZZ Top

Couldn't understand any word! :doh:

By the way: Nice finish!

The french call dainty soup "bouillabaisse"

Le lustre sur le telecaster est magnifique~

Back