Les Pauls With Floyds

pabloman said:
Street Avenger said:
pabloman said:
The first Floyd Rose was made for a Les Paul.

How come no one ever saw it then?
Just because you haven't doesn't mean no one has.

My point is that when the Floyd was first put on the Market, it was advertised for Strat-style guitars. When has anyone ever seen a Floyd Rose ad in a guitar magazine from the early '80s for a Les Paul?
For one thing, there is no way to change the neck angle on a Les Paul to accommodate the change in geometry due to the increased height of a top-mounted Floyd Rose bridge.

Thanks for the clarification. Have you ever seen or played a Les Paul? They have plenty of neck angle for a Floyd. They come with a damn TOM, that's a pretty tall setup. Taller than a top mount Floyd for sure.

Street Avenger said:
pabloman said:
Street Avenger said:
pabloman said:
The first Floyd Rose was made for a Les Paul.

How come no one ever saw it then?
Just because you haven't doesn't mean no one has.

My point is that when the Floyd was first put on the Market, it was advertised for Strat-style guitars. When has anyone ever seen a Floyd Rose ad in a guitar magazine from the early '80s for a Les Paul?
For one thing, there is no way to change the neck angle on a Les Paul to accommodate the change in geometry due to the increased height of a top-mounted Floyd Rose bridge.
As we are talking about a bolt on type LP, there would be no issues with the neck angle, as Warmoth can cut the neck pocket to match for the correct angle. Even on an actual LP, there would be no issues as pabloman stated, there's plenty of angle to work with. :icon_biggrin:

+1 to R6 and Pabloman (is that a +2?)

The recessed Floyds are the one with no angle.  The non-recessed works just fine with the stock angle.   But....in the original, calling that a Floyd is stretch by anyone's standards as it was obviously a modified Bigsby, made apparent by the words "BIGSBY" that are etched into the Bigsby.   He put fine tuners on it, added a locking nut.  So, the first Floyd was a Bigsby?  They will be so happy.

If I would've done this, ya'll would call it a Bigsby.  A trem by definiton is moving parts.  All of the moving parts are Bigsby.  Floyd Rose made a double locking Bigsby, and the ones you buy now are not this.  
BigsbyFloyd.jpg

Back