les paul with 24 frets...

Orpheo

2593836404_ab2ccfcfdb.jpg

I thought a les paul with carved top with 24 frets wasnt possible...? how come I see this one? any thoughts?

Looking at Warmoth's site, it looks possible to order a 25.5" LP neck with 24 fret extension.
...but not a 24 3/4" one... :dontknow:
Then you need a LP body, specially ordered with the neck pickup moved towards the bridge to allow for the extension.
:rock-on:

There are a few carved top bodies floating around that we short-scaled many years ago. We did the routs by hand. Until we can automate the process for accuracy and efficiency, it will only be offered on flat top bodies.  Someday it will be an option for carved tops though.

Gregg said:
There are a few carved top bodies floating around that we short-scaled many years ago. We did the routs by hand. Until we can automate the process for accuracy and efficiency, it will only be offered on flat top bodies.  Someday it will be an option for carved tops though.
why doesnt it work on a normal body? whats the need for the short-scaling?

I wonder how that would work.  Reaching the 22nd fret on a normal Les Paul can be a bit of a challenge if you're used to double cutaway superstrat style guitars.  I can't imagine the extra stretch for the 24th with a single cutaway LP body.

ironfist said:
I wonder how that would work.  Reaching the 22nd fret on a normal Les Paul can be a bit of a challenge if you're used to double cutaway superstrat style guitars.  I can't imagine the extra stretch for the 24th with a single cutaway LP body.

if you take a look at the picture, you see that the location of the 24th fret is on the spot of the 22nd, on a regular warmoth les paul.

I guess, that in order for this to work, the bridge would have to move a bit towards the neck. well, to put it in another way :
move away from the 'bottom'of the body, and more towards the cutaway.

I gotta be honest

I use the 22nd on my paul- but only for tapping lol

I would like an imaginary strat with 24 and no scale changes

till imagination merges with this one
Im good with 22, thanks

Back