Les Paul controls available on all guitars?

AlexB12352

I always want more control over my HH style strats and I feel like if Warmoth offer Les Paul style controls on all of their bodies that would be amazing.

I am fairly certain they will drill/route for any controls you want on any body?  Just call them and ask and tell them what you want?
If they can’t I’m sure they’ll explain why and what they can do.

LP controls require a LOT of special routing:
  • Diamond-shaped control cavity
  • Upper horn toggle cavity
  • Wiring channel from toggle cavity to control cavity - which requires a lam top
So it's not a simple thing to just add them to, say, a Soloist body. Or a Strat body. Or a Jazzmaster body. Or most other bodies.

It would take a ton of R&D time for something that IMO would not be a hugely popular option.

I don't, either. In fact, if possible, I sometimes go to some trouble to elminate them if they exist.

If you're just after the control and not the placement, you could use concentric pots.

What about the LPS style layout on all rear routed bodies? No additional routing needed, and the layout is already in the system.

Hi, I would ask to have Jackson Soloist, Charvel San Dimas and Ibanez RG controls on Soloist and Strat bodies instead!

Junaid said:
Hi, I would ask to have Jackson Soloist, Charvel San Dimas and Ibanez RG controls on Soloist and Strat bodies instead!

Agreed! The fender style layout places the volume way too close to the bridge pickup for my liking, Something like a typical charvel layout would be killer. Does warmoth still offer the tom delonge (or however you spell the guys name) option for volume pot placement?

Junaid said:

Absolutely this.  The Strat volume control is way too close to the strings - It just gets in the way for effective palm muting.  For this reason I always drill my own placement for the controls, which I don't really mind.  However I think it would offer more value for people who are less confident or experienced in guitar assembly.

Back