Les Paul Build Arrived!

Chriscross

Just received my order today, so I took a few pics for you guys. Warmoth did an excellent job, and I can't believe how beautiful everything is! Can't wait to put this guitar together and rock out!
In the meantime, enjoy!

5623671360_5dbd984a8f_b.jpg

5623670520_6304626a42_b.jpg

5623081949_b9511be72d_b.jpg

Of all the dye finishes W offers, yours is my favorite. That guitar is beautiful, man. Can't wait to see it all growed up!

It's a great feeling opening those packages when they arrive, isn't it?  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Is that a washed blue dye? Looks great.

Thanks guys! For some quick specs, the body is a solid mahogany body with a flame maple top. The top is finished in washed blue dye and the back is clear. The neck is a two piece indian rosewood neck with stainless steel frets and a Black Tusq XL nut. Sorry if the table looks cluttered, I forgot to clean it up in all of the excitement.

No need to apologize. It makes everyone feel better to know that they're not the only overly-excited hyper-active slobs with the attention spans of butterflies. Wait... did I say that out loud? <grin>

Disco Scottie said:
That's the best looking washed blue I've seen from W.

They do vary quite a bit, don't they? They're always beautiful, but sometimes they're simply stunning. Must be something unusual about blue. Maybe it has to do with the characteristics of the base wood.

Cagey said:
No need to apologize. It makes everyone feel better to know that they're not the only overly-excited hyper-active slobs with the attention spans of butterflies. Wait... did I say that out loud? <grin>

Yeah, stainless frets have been the issue with cleaning up for me.  Clean, clea- hey look shiny!  Bad me, cle-, whoa shiny! <repeat indefinitely>
Patrick

Hehe! Must be your first set. Nothing like them, is there? For the $20 adder Warmoth charges, I think it's foolish in the extreme to pass them up. Hell, even if you have to spend a half a day collecting returnable beer and pop cans on the side of the road, get the $20 and do it. The difference in playability is huge.

Cagey said:
Hehe! Must be your first set. Nothing like them, is there? For the $20 adder Warmoth charges, I think it's foolish in the extreme to pass them up. Hell, even if you have to spend a half a day collecting returnable beer and pop cans on the side of the road, get the $20 and do it. The difference in playability is huge.

I'd just be worried down the track if you had to have someone dress the frets or whatever, and they refused to work on it, because the stainless isn't the usual fret metal.

OzziePete said:
Cagey said:

I'd just be worried down the track if you had to have someone dress the frets or whatever, and they refused to work on it, because the stainless isn't the usual fret metal.
then that guitar tech isn't worth dealing with anyhow.

Back