Left handed Jaguar and/or Mustang

exalted

Are there any plans for Warmoth to start making left-handed Jaguars and/or Mustangs? Sure would love to get my hands on one of those...

like this one?
biggusdPickus.jpg

oh wow...just checked the website after I posted like an idiot and I did NOT realize they don't make left handed versions of Jag's/Mustang's.....

yeah, weird, i had no idea they didn't make lefty Jag's & Mustangs...

Maybe it has something to do with 24" scale length guitars being harder to do lefty or something.  Or perhaps it's because both of those guitars generally have strange extra hardware parts that would be difficult/not-cost-effective to produce lefty versions of.

jalane said:

Maybe it has something to do with 24" scale length guitars being harder to do lefty or something.  Or perhaps it's because both of those guitars generally have strange extra hardware parts that would be difficult/not-cost-effective to produce lefty versions of.

That's kinda odd, most of the hardware you have on your Lefty JM is on the Jaguar and/or Mustang ( I was thinking maybe the roller pots was an issue done in lefty )........so it's not like it's impossible. The larger Mustang slide switches could easily be adapted for lefty use too.... I have no idea why they don't make the lefty versions of Mustang and Jaguar?  :dontknow:   :icon_scratch:

OzziePete said:
I have no idea why they don't make the lefty versions of Mustang and Jaguar?  :dontknow:   :icon_scratch:

I would bet demand.  Most likely it's a hardware issue.  What I know about CNC programming could fill up a thimble, but a mirror image or symetrical reverse has to be right up there with one of the easier things to do.  It is a computer afterall.  For all the time and resources to make a lefty body or hardware, they'd have to sell more than one for it to even turn a profit (I'm guessing).  How many 24" scale guitars do they sell let alone lefty requests to even warrant offering them in lefties?

^very true. try giving Eric Wyliee a call, or pm him, and ask for it. I mean, according to their website, they don't even make Jaguar basses... ;)

Yeah, I've already got a lefty Jazzmaster. I was thinking about a more aggressive color, and thought the slimmer body would fit it better. The jazzmaster feels just a touch old fashioned. Maybe I will have to call in and ask.

That's a really nice JM, hachikid!

AH. that's not mine. that's Jalane's sweet Jazzmaster. it won GTOM in July earlier this year. I don't know how to play guitar...wish I could, though.

OzziePete said:
jalane said:

Maybe it has something to do with 24" scale length guitars being harder to do lefty or something.  Or perhaps it's because both of those guitars generally have strange extra hardware parts that would be difficult/not-cost-effective to produce lefty versions of.

That's kinda odd, most of the hardware you have on your Lefty JM is on the Jaguar and/or Mustang ( I was thinking maybe the roller pots was an issue done in lefty )........so it's not like it's impossible. The larger Mustang slide switches could easily be adapted for lefty use too.... I have no idea why they don't make the lefty versions of Mustang and Jaguar?  :dontknow:   :icon_scratch:

I was referring to the all of the Jaguar control plates, which are not part of the Jazzmaster:
fender-jaguar-CAR-1965.jpg

jalane said:
OzziePete said:
jalane said:

I was referring to the all of the Jaguar control plates, which are not part of the Jazzmaster:
fender-jaguar-CAR-1965.jpg

Oh yeah I see what you mean, only the three slot control plate would be easily used on a lefty.  :doh:

Hi Guys,

The reason we do not officially offer lefty versions of the Mustang or Jaguar is because of the hardware scarcity. Yes, demand is lacking for left hand versions of these bodies as well, but we'd rather not take a return on one if a customer discovers he can't locate left handed plates, bridges and so forth after he has a body bought and paid for.

Iiiinteresting. Thanks for the info, Gregg! I'm going to have to do some digging and see if I can find the control plates, then.

Back