Left Hand Swamp Ash

willyk

This is my fourth Warmoth tele build. I had to even it up between the right handers and the lefties. It's a bit more mainstream than the walnut/padauk one. It has a slab body for a start and no strat headstock or 5 way switch either. I love the neck, it's bubinga with a beautifully striped kingwood board and the pickups are phat cats. Sound is huge and it is light as a feather.

Attachments

• sa0003.JPG
    sa0003.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 573
  • sa0007.JPG
    sa0007.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 549
Beautiful! I like the shape of the pickguard and all the colors, especially the kingwoods grains.

How the phat cat sounds with ash? What are the differences from a single coil? It's also my choice for my swamp ash strat and I'm curious how it will turn out.

G'day Kostas; The phat cats sound, well.....fat!  They are in fact a single coil pickup so they have great response and clarity but they sound fuller than a normal single coil, very true to the P90 they are based on. They give the tele a bit of a hot rodded vibe, but it still sounds like a tele. I think you will like the sound of your strat. How many pickups are you going to fit?Three of them would be amazing...W

willyk said:
G'day Kostas; The phat cats sound, well.....fat!  They are in fact a single coil pickup so they have great response and clarity but they sound fuller than a normal single coil, very true to the P90 they are based on. They give the tele a bit of a hot rodded vibe, but it still sounds like a tele. I think you will like the sound of your strat. How many pickups are you going to fit?Three of them would be amazing...W
Hi Willy,

The phat cat will be in the strat body you see in my avatar, bridge position and two Kinman Blues for neck & middle position. I chose it because the guitar was already rooted when I ordered the body and I don't want another guitar with a humbucker on bridge position. I'm curious to hear this pickup as I have never heard it before and to see how it will work with the middle pickup.

my mate has a fender whose finish looks very similer i love it! and that pickguars goes so well!

Back