Korina kaster in progress

How's this for perfect timing...within an hour of my last post the neck turns up. I'm going to wipe on a light tung oil coat and see what it does to the color then clear satin poly for warranty issues. I'm hoping for my version of vintage tint satin that W do. Mo' pics in a few days

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 253
I would agree that spraying poly over the tung oil is probably NOT a good idea....

If you are using good/real/pure tung oil and putting at least 4-5 coats on, letting each dry properly ahead of the next, I VERY seriously doubt you'll ever run into a problem with the neck that would require a warranty return to Warmoth in the first place; you're going to have a pretty impervious moisture barrier with that finish that should preclude any warpage in that regard,

No Poly WillyK.  Jack is right.  The Tung is all you need.  Ask any old Chinese man.  Do what I do ....slow down, relax, have a beer and eat some beef w/ broccoli.  Get in touch w'/ your inner Chinese.  :icon_thumright:

Shane-O

shaneman said:
No Poly WillyK.  Jack is right.  The Tung is all you need.  Ask any old Chinese man.  Do what I do ....slow down, relax, have a beer and eat some beef w/ broccoli.  Get in touch w'/ your inner Chinese.   :icon_thumright:

Shane-O

Alright already...my inner Chinese dude doesn't drink and hates broccoli...as for slowing down he quotes Confucious.." When chain still swinging, seat still warm but atmosphere very stinky !"  Mr C. must have hated broccoli too. :tard:

Thanks for the recipe Shaneman :-  Beef in tung oil, hold the broccoli. No poly!  cheers  Willy :headbang:

While I'm waiting for the broccoli to cook I thought I would try the pickguard on.

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 288
willyk said:
Good way to look at life............" Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat, sooner or later someone's gonna come along and piss you off ! "
Luvya Alfang  :icon_tongue:

OMG thats funny, I'm gonna use that one at work tomorrow. Thanks

Well it's bushfire season in Australia so I'm gonna get the soldering iron out and wire this sucker before the fire brigade get too busy. Nothing too radical or off standard just 3 knobs and a 5 way. I'm going to wire the bridge pickup to the second tone pot with the others to the first one. After the feedback I got about various pickups I think it's the sensible option.

BTW Shaneman; The broccoli's cooked and it tastes like shit, but it got the neck finished. :headbang:

Awesome Willy!

I've just finished up my VIP body too w/ the Tung Oil.  Great to hear it's working out for ya mate!  So, you're a fireman?  Excellent.  Take it easy.

Shane :guitaristgif:

shaneman said:
Awesome Willy!

I've just finished up my VIP body too w/ the Tung Oil.  Great to hear it's working out for ya mate!  So, you're a fireman?  Excellent.  Take it easy.

Shane :guitaristgif:

No mate I'm not a fireman. What I meant was the fire brigade will soon be too busy to put the fire out at my place when I set it alight with my soldering iron. I am a very scary guy to have around potential disasters. :evil4: Anyway I managed to avoid cremating my home and family and got the weapon wired and ready to bang together. I will post it in the gallery in a wee while. It should turn out rather pretty.  Thanks all you guys for your help along the way.  Cheers  Willy

Back