koa topped korena tele.

DiMitriR33

finally some half decent lighting, now i just need to figure out how to use the dang camera, anyway here is an ok shot of the guitar. the finish has some mistakes, i was too excited and rushed things, now that i've played it for a few months i can put it down, soon i'll strip it and fix the mistakes and add some tone controls, although i like the clean look and it is plenty fat or sweet or warm or whatever you want it to be i'd like a notch filter to get a few new sound out of it.

Attachments

• awsome tele.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 963
forgot to mention the neck is purple heart with madagascar ebony board with some nice streaking. i found the p-90 for sale, used, at a music store for 800 yen, about 7 dollars at the time of purchase. the bridge pup is a hotrails for tele, maybe too hot for me, part of the motivation for a notch filter.

also note that the fret board has no visable overhang, i routed the pocket deeper with an edge trimmer and a fixture i made to give it a slight angle, i used the taper/inch meathod but when i did the trig it worked out to exactly 1 deg.
the fit is so precise that the fretboard contacted the body, i sanded it to make sure it wasn't lifting the board and causing a problem, i got clearance with out even going through the paint so i'm quite proud of that.

Wow, man, you got a winner there.  Can we see the back?  I like purpleheart :)

just like we screamed on Ozzy show yesterday:
"one more 'pic'! one more 'pic'! one more 'pic'!!

Amazing!

DiMitriR33 said:
finally some half decent lighting, now i just need to figure out how to use the dang camera, anyway here is an ok shot of the guitar. the finish has some mistakes, i was too excited and rushed things, now that i've played it for a few months i can put it down, soon i'll strip it and fix the mistakes and add some tone controls, although i like the clean look and it is plenty fat or sweet or warm or whatever you want it to be i'd like a notch filter to get a few new sound out of it.
Ohhhhh Koa, I'm stoked.....DiMitri...

Hey maybe we could make some lam tops outta that fence there...... :toothy11:

Back