Koa Top P90 Strat

Dero08

mahogany body with flamed koa top:
Pore-filled with timbermate mahogany/walnut blend, and finishing with tru oil (2 coats in so far):
I ordered a roasted flame maple neck with a rosewood fretboard.

Hardware: gold Gotoh tremolo and gold graph tech ratio locking tuners.

undecided on P90s, but thinking about Fralins (Gold or cream?)

any suggestions on volume/tone knobs that would look good on this?

thank you!

regards,
nate

The KOA top was great !!
Did you choose optional choice top? or decided by Warmoth ? It seems so fancy of the bottom wood-flare!
And same with above, I think gold knobs will be just fit this dark-wood color.

Man that is gorgeous, and I am kicking myself for not ordering a koa top for my recent roasted swamp ash Soloist body.

The KOA top was great !!
Did you choose optional choice top? or decided by Warmoth ? It seems so fancy of the bottom wood-flare!
And same with above, I think gold knobs will be just fit this dark-wood color.
this one is a showcase guitar … i bought it back in the spring when I was buying a tele neck for my last build. I couldn’t pass it up!

Dude! That is a sick piece of koa
i know… feel luckily to have gotten it. I’m pumped about putting p90s in it. I’ve never played a p90 guitar and am still exploring options. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

i know… feel luckily to have gotten it. I’m pumped about putting p90s in it. I’ve never played a p90 guitar and am still exploring options. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!
nice kao top
:love:

I like bareknuckle pickup , they have many P90 , select the one for your style , they have sound clip in each pickup page in Amp icon.
personally I with put VINTAGE on neck and VINTAGE HOT or CONTEMPORARY on bridge for diversity .

https://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/pickups/p90

I'd put the Dimarzio Paul Gilbert signature pickups (DP242 & DP243) in there if they fit a P90 route.

Last edited:
Electronics: lindy fralin p90s in gold, CTS pots, lux bumblebee capacitor, switch craft jack, CRL 3 way switch.

not sure on tuners yet. The holes are routed for schaller/modern fender. I have a set of gold graph tech ratio locking tuners…will probably use those if they fit.

Oh my gosh that's freakin' gorgeous.
Did you have to do any grain-filling?
I have gold Sperzel locking tuners for my latest build.
I'd do about 9 coats on that neck.
I pore filled the koa and mahogany with timbermate…did mahogany timbermate on back, then a mix of mahogany/walnut on the top.

Back