Koa Limited Release

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Once plentiful and cheap, Koa has become increasingly rare over the last two decades. So rare, in fact, that highly figured Koa is now nearly impossible to source. Warmoth has decided to offer our stock of figured Koa as limited releases over the next few years, and the first one is available now!

This release includes 24 bodies total, each one unique and eye-popping. The warmth and beauty of Koa is something no other wood species quite matches, so don't miss this chance to grab yours now!

See the Warmoth limited Koa release here.

koa_newsletter.jpg

Got one! 🏖️🌴☀️

I bought a Koa top last summer when unique choice was still a thing. The options were on the slim side and, while it does look really, really nice, there's no way it can compete with some of those in that release. I couldn't resist this one! 🔥

View attachment 61439

Nice score! That one was one of my favorites too.

And "on the slim side" is correct. When we say it's getting hard to source we ain't kidding around.

Nice score! That one was one of my favorites too.

And "on the slim side" is correct. When we say it's getting hard to source we ain't kidding around.

Fun fact about ghostrider25, I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii which is the land of Koa up until 8 years ago. It was more plentiful there than on mainland USA, obviously, but even that well started to get quite a bit drier as the years passed by. Koa is just so slow growing. I have no idea how hard it is to source there locally these days, but I imagine it's probably only slightly easier and you probably have to have the right connections.

For example, "Ay brah! I get you some flame koa. My cuz has access to some land..."

Fun fact about ghostrider25, I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii which is the land of Koa up until 8 years ago. It was more plentiful there than on mainland USA, obviously, but even that well started to get quite a bit drier as the years passed by. Koa is just so slow growing. I have no idea how hard it is to source there locally these days, but I imagine it's probably only slightly easier and you probably have to have the right connections.

Been to a few of the islands, but the Big Island is my favorite. So varied and beautiful. You can travel from scorching lava bends to snowy mountain tops to lush tropical rain forest in four hours.

When I was there I was lucky enough to see hot lava actually shooting up out of the top of a volcano, which had been a bucket list item for me.

Do you live on the Hilo side, or Kona side?

Been to a few of the islands, but the Big Island is my favorite. So varied and beautiful. You can travel from scorching lava bends to snowy mountain tops to lush tropical rain forest in four hours.

When I was there I was lucky enough to see hot lava actually shooting up out of the top of a volcano, which had been a bucket list item for me.

Do you live on the Hilo side, or Kona side?

The island of fire and ice!

I was on the Kona side and used to do a lot of photography. Kilauea was far from where I lived and it was tough to try to sync up with all of the major lava events due to work. I have gotten up super close where my shoes melted, my arm hair singed and I poked it with a stick. However, the most spectacular time I was there, I was able to get up really close where it was just pouring into the sea, but I didn't have my camera 😭

The island of fire and ice!

I was on the Kona side and used to do a lot of photography. Kilauea was far from where I lived and it was tough to try to sync up with all of the major lava events due to work. I have gotten up super close where my shoes melted, my arm hair singed and I poked it with a stick. However, the most spectacular time I was there, I was able to get up really close where it was just pouring into the sea, but I didn't have my camera 😭

LOL...that sucks.

My wife and I have a tradition of collecting a little vial of sand from every beach we visit. When we visited the green sand beach there were signs everywhere saying not to remove the sand. But the body surfing there was violent, and I figured if Pele was gonna put sand in some of the places I found it later that day I was entitled to take it home. LOL.

And I'm talking more than enough to fill our little vial. :oops:

LOL...that sucks.

My wife and I have a tradition of collecting a little vial of sand from every beach we visit. When we visited the green sand beach there were signs everywhere saying not to remove the sand. But the body surfing there was violent, and I figured if Pele was gonna put sand in some of the places I found it later that day I was entitled to take it home. LOL.

And I'm talking more than enough to fill our little vial. :oops:

Pele doesn’t want that sand back. :ROFLMAO:

Told myself, "If Warmoth has a solid Koa bodied Strat, I'll buy it no matter the cost". They did, so I did. Not sure if we will see one available ever again, definitely a bucket list item for me.

Hey AA, is this batch from the infamous Ken Warmoth bed frame collection?

Some nice bodies there. Fortunately for my wallet, the one that caught my eye was on a mahogany back, and the W doesn't ship that any more to my locale.

For those that got one post pics of your builds.

Whatchoo talkin' bout, A-a-ron? There's only 6 bodies there....

cee7cfc17163abe5fc6bcedc0601877f8f72c630.gif

a8ac43ac-2f14-497d-93a7-35c923f709ce_text.gif

Back