Kitten!!!

hannaugh

Master Member
We first saw this kitten a week ago.  My mom and I were standing next to my car in the driveway, and suddenly this random cat is rubbing against my mom's leg.  She picked him up and he instantly started purring.  Then a few days ago, Cable and I were there, and we pet the little guy for a minute or two, and he spent the next 2 hours trying to get into the back yard to be with us.  Then after we left, the cat figured out how to go through the dog door and ended up sleeping on my mom's bed with her and the dog for the last few nights and has refused to leave the house or the yard.  My mom said tonight that she knew as soon as she saw him that he was supposed to be our cat, which is weird because we haven't had a cat in 10 years.  So we went and talked to the neighbor about it, and found out he is a stray that they were feeding for a while. We talked to the guy about keeping him, so he's pretty much our cat now.  Anyways, we named him Brisco (after Brisco County Jr., who was the hero in a sci-fi Western we used to watch). 

5477894359_53a226781f.jpg

5477894297_ff23d418ba.jpg

5477894217_64ff80f776.jpg

Cats have this way of choosing which human they will adopt. We make believe it's the other way around, but it isn't.

cats, who knew
LOL
cats are great, I try to keep 2 around the house, We have a pair of sisters right now, they are around 12 years old and have been great cats. No mice, and that is important when the house is close to 100 years old. I notice she likes dogs, all the better.

I've hated cats since I was about 6 when I was being friendly to one and it jumped up and clawed my face. Now I kick the entire species if they come anywhere near me.  :binkybaby:

A popular book in Australia was "100 Ways to use a Dead Cat" and I tend to keep to that ideal. Having shot plenty a feral cat when younger ( and yes they really are a nuisance in rural Australia), the others tend to sense that history and keep well away....More of a dog person myself.

I'm definitely a dog person.  I'm allergic to most cats, but I haven't had much of a problem with this little guy.  He's very sweet though.  If you play with him, he doesn't use his claws for the most part, unlike some cats that don't understand the difference between playing and actually wanting to shred you up.  He purrs constantly too.  That's the kind of cat I can hang out with. 

I had three show up on my doorstep one night. Cute, but her evilness was not about to share her home with any other cats. I didn't feed them for a day or two until it was obvious they weren't going anywhere, so I fed them until I managed to distribute two of them. I just figured some person dumped them out, then about a week later, my cat was pitching a hissy fit one night, and I saw a shadow lurking at the edges of the flowerbed lights, the kitten ran off to join it (mom) and they left and never saw them again. Yup, mamma was distributing her kittens, not sure why she came back - never had a cat repo'd before.

ByteFrenzy said:
Max said:
Needs a floyd.
Needs a pointy headstock.

And a highly figured top.

Only 5 more cats to go, and you'll catch up with us. Then again, our total is 8 dogs, 6 cats, 6 birds, 3 bunnies, 2 horses and 1 sugar glider. So you might need a few more to catch up.

Disco Scottie said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Max said:
Needs a floyd.

Only 5 more cats to go, and you'll catch up with us. Then again, our total is 8 dogs, 6 cats, 6 birds, 3 bunnies, 2 horses and 1 sugar glider. So you might need a few more to catch up.

We have a giunea pig too.  And we had goats, but they had to leave... it was sad.

hannaugh said:
Disco Scottie said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Max said:
Needs a floyd.

We have a giunea pig too.  And we had goats, but they had to leave... it was sad.

Goats can be nuisances in condos eh?  :laughing7:

cats and birds and bunnies? My cat brought me a rabbit once. Not bird, mouse, vole, no... a rabbit, and a good sized one. 

My sister in law has 2 rabbits in her home, I have sent her several recipes for rabbit stew.

OzziePete said:
hannaugh said:
Disco Scottie said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Max said:
Needs a floyd.

Goats can be nuisances in condos eh?  :laughing7:

They were at my mom's house, which has a huge backyard.  But they belonged to the neighbors, who's landlord wouldn't let them have goats at their house.  But they decided to sell them.  I miss the big goat, she was funny. 

swarfrat said:
cats and birds and bunnies? My cat brought me a rabbit once. Not bird, mouse, vole, no... a rabbit, and a good sized one. 

That must be quite the cat.  On a related note, a cat we had once was in a scrap with a good sized dog.  The cat won.  Claws are pretty incredible weapons on an agile beast that can avoid a big chomping mouth.

Back