Kinda strange experience at a guitar shop...

mayfly said:
well, I just applied.  Used my phone number in lieu of a US social security number.   :icon_jokercolor:

Wasn't so bad - it's pretty easy to guess the answers they were looking for.  Oh - and I clicked "yes" to the question "are you legal to work in the US".  Am I going to hell now?  :evil4:

Ah, it is indeed easy to figure out the best answer.

But, they grade on a curve - if you score too high, you're disqualified. I used to work at Blockbuster Video when I was a kid, and they used the same system.

Guitar Center is the Devil  :evil4:  so is Wal-Mart. but money dosen't come easy these days so we do what we have to do don't we. 

The Best Buy guitar section a nice option though if you need something quick and can't wait for mail order.  I live in Southeast Kansas, mail order is a fact of life.

I love the nice local owned stores though.  Mass Street Music in Lawrence Ks. is great.  Funky Munky Music in Shawnee Ks. isn't bad either.

Crappy said:
DangerousR6 said:
Superlizard said:
Apparently you didn't play the correct "may I help you?" riff.
Hahahahaha, that's funny..... :icon_thumright:

Would that be smoke on the water or Stairway? :laughing11:

Oh, I think smoke on the water. Or perhaps Back in Black by ACDC. Or confederatewookie shred.

nathana said:
Crappy said:
DangerousR6 said:
Superlizard said:
Apparently you didn't play the correct "may I help you?" riff.
Hahahahaha, that's funny..... :icon_thumright:

Would that be smoke on the water or Stairway? :laughing11:

Oh, I think smoke on the water. Or perhaps Back in Black by ACDC. Or confederatewookie shred.
Isn't the wookie tune more of the "somebody help me" riff?

I did actually get kicked out of a guitar store once for playing Apache by The Shadows. That store lost my business, the other shop near me has also lost my business because they are a bunch of arrogant jerks who wouldn't give me a job after 2 test days because all I was doing was cleaning the guitars and fetching coffee, but that was all the manager let me do whenever I asked if there was anything else I could do he either said no or ask me later.

I mainly use the internet for my guitar related purchasing now.

Back