Kicking around Warmoth today

simple

Staff member
Finishing department a few minutes ago...
0612071022.jpg

0612071022a.jpg

This is Tye, our head paint guy!
0612071021.jpg

0612071019.jpg

0612071017.jpg

0612071016.jpg

Man Gregg I love the way that nonpainted "Binding" looks. That is really cool. I wish I worked up there. :toothy10:

too bad all those pretty woods are being "wasted" on thin stringed instruments

:icon_jokercolor:

so just how many Warmoth employees take home cash on pay day vs more inventory for their next project?  :icon_biggrin:

all the best,

R

too bad all those pretty woods are being "wasted" on thin stringed instruments
Ar... :laughing7:

so just how many Warmoth employees take home cash on pay day vs more inventory for their next project?
Most here exercise restraint well. Others struggle with their addiction often pawning the family valuables for just another fix. I tell you, it's just disgusting.........disgusting that the pawn shops try and rip you off every time you go in there just because you need more Warmoth gear.

Very cool pics! :icon_biggrin:
Take anothers when you got time, I like this! :icon_thumright:
It's very sad that no one bank helps you in have money to build guitars... Where the world will end in? :laughing3:

And now we know how Gregg spends his day........  wandering around the shop taking pictures and drooling.  He's still carrying that spalt LP carvedtop around!

Meet Jake - neck guy!
0612071541.jpg

Jason (neck dept manager) and Jeff.
0612071540a.jpg

Keith - Super neck finishes guy!
0612071540.jpg

Chris - an awesome finish sander  - this is a meticulous job.
0612071539a.jpg

Body sanding crew...
0612071539.jpg

Practically all the pictures on the Warmoth website are generated from this man, Garrett!
0612071538.jpg

Keith looks like a younger, happier, Dr. House

God bless the neck crew, Love you guys, keep it up.

John

I'm really happy with my Birdseye/Birdseye Reverse Strat neck that just showed up.  Whoever did the work, I owe a beer  :eek:ccasion14:

I wish there were more hours in a day and so I could get to work on my project.  :sad:

They work for beer?  OMG, I brew beer. I must have 10 guitars worth of beer, Thanks for the tip Thumb, I had no clue

John

A BIG THANKS!!!  to all you guy's............. :eek:ccasion14:

What you guy's have done for me has made my Love for the instrument bloom...........

Everytime I see a strat the first thing I do is check out all the fine details, and compare them to the wonderful quality of My Warmoth Superstrat and all those that I have gotten to know  frequenting this forum.

It is so Cool to go through the whole process, from reading and asking questions, to learning about all the details and options, and then to finally placing the order; to wait in anticipation, for what will probably be the most personal guitar experience a guy will ever have.

I would have never thought I could build such a wonderful guitar, but Thanks to you guys working down there I have.  :headbang:

Great photos Greg, it's really interesting to see things like that.

Now, here's a cheeky request:

I have a body on order that's about 8 weeks in......chambered alder strat, 5A flame maple top, black dye front, black gloss back, cream drop-top binding, SSS routing......is there any chance you could get a snap of it while you're wondering around?

I know it's a very cheeky request, but I'd love to see a pic of it mid-build  :laughing7:

Keep up the awesome work!

Jordan.

jhumber said:
Great photos Greg, it's really interesting to see things like that.

Now, here's a cheeky request:

I have a body on order that's about 8 weeks in......chambered alder strat, 5A flame maple top, black dye front, black gloss back, cream drop-top binding, SSS routing......is there any chance you could get a snap of it while you're wondering around?

I know it's a very cheeky request, but I'd love to see a pic of it mid-build  :laughing7:

Keep up the awesome work!

Jordan.

I'm afraid there's too many bodies floating around here unless I have your order number or full name.

Gregg Stewart said:
I'm afraid there's too many bodies floating around here unless I have your order number or full name.

Gregg - you make it sound like a big city morgue ... "unless you know the full name as registered on the toe tag, I cannot help you in locating the body you seek to view."

creepy

:laughing8:

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
Gregg Stewart said:

Gregg - you make it sound like a big city morgue ... "unless you know the full name as registered on the toe tag, I cannot help you in locating the body you seek to view."

creepy

:laughing8:

all the best,

R
I guess it's all just parts right?  :icon_tongue:

not just parts ... but parts for sale (and available on-line no less) at a premium price

sounds like the storyboard for an episode of Six Feet Under

:shivers:

all the best,

R

haha! i have just passed week eight, too, and these ants in my pants are killing me!

gregg, if you can manage to snap a pic of order 122988 in the works (a hollow tele w/5A wide flame top and a cherryburst front/back) one of these days, that would totally rule. but if not, i can make it. i'm almost there!

:cool01:

It still needs curing and finally buffing so it'll still be awhile though I don't know exactly how long. (For Ken W): No, I am not going to keep doing this...   :toothy11:

Here bannana:

Attachments

• 0614071149.jpg
    0614071149.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 374
Warmoth is an incredible testamant to efficiency, fitting 44 employees, machinery, & wood storage into an 8000 square foot facility, from plank to shipping boxes, all in house.

Back