Just showing off

Wyliee

This just came in from a foreign customer:

AAAAA quilt top with matching back laminate and matching pegface veneer.  Matching finish on front, back and pegface.  Cat not included.

Yeah, we got the good stuff!

Attachments

• DSCF0792a.JPG
    DSCF0792a.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 698
No - no - no.  He just emailed me a picture of his work in progress.  All happy, happy, joy, joy!

Nice cat! hehehehehehehe
This top is maple??? looked very unusuall..
Very nice guitar!  :cool01:

So what country is he in? I hope it's not China cause the cat might be his dinner if he's from China.

Appreciate the obvious quality, and the fact you could get that thing even made, but hate that color combo. Cotton Candy guitar?

PS - People spending 2k USD on guitars don't eat cats for dinner, dude. What's with all the Asia bashing among musicians?

"
PS - People spending 2k USD on guitars don't eat cats for dinner, dude. What's with all the Asia bashing among musicians?"

Has nothing to do with amount of money one has; puppy-on-a-stick/cold dog soup available in some of the more expensive environs in Seoul.

jackthehack said:
"
PS - People spending 2k USD on guitars don't eat cats for dinner, dude. What's with all the Asia bashing among musicians?"

Has nothing to do with amount of money one has; puppy-on-a-stick/cold dog soup available in some of the more expensive environs in Seoul.

:cool01:  It's not bashing it's called stating the facts. By the way in China it's rat on a stick and I do believe that the cat is safe unles it tries to eat dinner. I almost forgot that's a great looking gitter.  :glasses9:

Can't resist, Jack: You're right, as long as you change countries, animals, and ignore the pet / raised for food distinction. Housepets are starvation food everywhere, obviously. But it's all good.

Is that a custom Warmoth finish? Will Warmoth do any finish, for the right price? Not that I'm considering a pink and rose telecaster, but it does stir the imagination...

tfarny said:
Is that a custom Warmoth finish? Will Warmoth do any finish, for the right price? Not that I'm considering a pink and rose telecaster, but it does stir the imagination...

In general, the only finishes available are what you see on the website.  From time to time, new finish options are tested and placed on the Showcase.  If there are enough left over materials to do a one off finish, it may be possible.  The short answer is it depends on the finish, woods, etc.....

Nice finish on that guitar! A cherry/strawberry sort of burst, hmm, looks good. :doh:

BTW, Are the Tele bodies the only ones that can get front AND back bindings on? Are other flat top bodies (and maybe some carved tops too) an option for front and back binding?

Back