Just Arrived - "The Sorceress"

ByteFrenzy said:
That is just drop dead gorgeous!
What are you planning to do with the F-hole? The discussion played here a while ago whether to leave them as-is or to paint the interior. Looking at this body I'd be tempted to suggest painting it dark brown - but maybe it's just the flash reflecting and it looks darker in reality...
This inside of the f-hole does look darker in person.  it is kinda hard for light to get in there unless directly shot in with a flash.  I have been toying with the idea about seeing if I can get my luthier guy to bind the f-hole in cream, whaddaya'll think?  I would have had warmoth do that if they offered it for sure.

Cream binding on the F hole with the dark brown painted interior would be an unreal contrast.  I really like how the Pau Ferro has a mocha color with dark grain streaks and the Macassar Ebony has a black color with mocha streaks.  Of course the last thing I need is more build inspiration, but this build is giving me ideas...
Patrick

Cream binding on the F-hole was the only thing that came to mind as an improvement, but I didn't mention it because I didn't know if it could be done. If your luthier can do it I'd say to go for it.

friday-damn-large.jpg

BEAUTIFUL build!

This is the most beautiful strat I have ever seen!

Wooden pup-rings, could that be nice?

Ivar

ByteFrenzy said:
Cream binding on the F-hole was the only thing that came to mind as an improvement, but I didn't mention it because I didn't know if it could be done. If your luthier can do it I'd say to go for it.
I just talked with my luthier guy out in Western MA (Shane at Luchessi Vintage Instruments if anyone needs one of the best and can get to Holyoke), and he says it is totally doable on cream binding the f-hole to match the body.  :headbang:    He quoted me at around $150, which i feel is reasonable considering the amount of time that will go into it.  Happy Days!!!    Gonna drop it off on Saturday morning.  estimated time for the f-hole and wiring up, fret ends cleaned, etc etc... 1 - 2 months.      :toothy10:

Back