Jungle Soloist

Great Ape

It's been a while since I did an actual step-by-step thread of a 'work in progress', and since this is looking to be a rather lengthy project, i thought I'd do it with this piece...Body is basswood, again chosen for its unobtrusive grain figure in order to give me a blank canvas.

Looking forward to this project a lot. What neck are you looking at for it?

Axkoa said:
Looking forward to this project a lot. What neck are you looking at for it?

I'm not looking at a neck, I'm looking at the body :icon_jokercolor:...don't know yet, haven't gotten that far yet, but I've got a baked maple, ebony board, ivoroid bound lovely sitting around that needs a home...

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh.  My.  God. 

Dude, you have a serious gift.  This is incredibly beautiful.  Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Love the whole native theme you've got going with this and the spots are very leopardy.

Great Ape said:
It's been a while since I did an actual step-by-step thread of a 'work in progress', and since this is looking to be a rather lengthy project, i thought I'd do it with this piece...

Love it, I'll go buy more beer!

That is fantastic! The concept is very cool imo. I love art but I don't have the patience or the talent ( hmmmm....)

I watched a video on youtube a while back of a guy who airbrushes guitars.
He did one that had the Universal Monsters theme- unreal!

I would think those feathers would present more of a challenge to your patience. Lotta nuance there.

I think it's time to change your avatar name from Great Ape to King Kong!  :icon_thumright:

Back