Jungle Soloist

Yet another fantastic piece of work!

I gotta start saving my pennies and get in the schedule for one of these lovelies!

HA-HA-HAAAA!! I like that! And I truly appreciate the comments from you for whom I have the utmost respect.

That's what I was waiting for. Looking so good Ape! Can't wait till I got some free time to try some guitar art. Very inspiring.

You can't have a Jungle guitar without George.... :dontknow:
george.of.the.jungle.04.jpg

I can always count on you, Doug, to keep things firmly rooted in the ridiculous-RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG!! :icon_biggrin:

And it's crawling toward completion. The cold weather has put a hold on any outdoor spraying, so the finish application is taking a bit longer than usual. Ordinarily, I tend to agree with the 'busy body, plain neck' school of aesthetics, but I'm gonna put that aside with this piece and go with a wild looking bocote-on-canary item that seems to fit the ''jungle'' thing pretty well...soon... 

Great Ape said:
And it's crawling toward completion. The cold weather has put a hold on any outdoor spraying, so the finish application is taking a bit longer than usual. Ordinarily, I tend to agree with the 'busy body, plain neck' school of aesthetics, but I'm gonna put that aside with this piece and go with a wild looking bocote-on-canary item that seems to fit the ''jungle'' thing pretty well...soon...

I am really loving the bocote right now. I think that is gonna look great!

Hmm... is it just an optical delusion, or is the string spacing awfully wide in the upper registers? Looks like a standard Fender bridge, so it should be right. Otherwise, she's a very pretty girl.

I know you hear it a lot, Great Ape, but this is just insanely gorgeous.  These are legacy guitars, man.  Super cool.

Back