July Guitar/Bass of the Month Entree: WARMOTH finish

mayfly said:
jimh said:
Guess I'll chuck mine in this time too.

8-Ball Strat

Warmoth did that finish??? cooooooollllll  :eek:ccasion14:

Yep.  Saw one like it on the showcase YEARS ago. Wasnt in a position to bu at the time (in fact, I didn't know anything about building guitars then), but the 8-Ball stuck in my mind.
Nov 2007 I thought about building a Strat and Warmoth was my first choice :)headbang:), so I asked if they could still do the graphic.  Spike said they still had the template, and so it shouldnt be a problem. 
Jan 2008, this arrived on my desk at work, along with the neck. And the rest, as they say.......

Well done Capn Slow, it looks great, love the 8-ball.. didn't know it was a W finish!  :eek:ccasion14:

I really really like that 8 ball - I think I need to sell off some stuff and get me a strat!

...can't believe I just said that...

Luke said:
Well done Capn Slow, it looks great, love the 8-ball.. didn't know it was a W finish!  :eek:ccasion14:

You need to get that Cap'n Slow thing out of your head Luke.  :laughing7:

I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't throw this one in along with the Tele.  :icon_jokercolor:

"Burn Unit"

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8584.0

Soloist%20001.JPG

Soloist%20006.JPG

Crap... the 8-ball strat has it goin' on too.

I'm up in the air 'tween the two (stormbringer / jimh)...  :dontknow:

I have no chance with Stormbringer and DBU in the race,
but whatever... I really really fell in love with this body when I first saw it in the show case.. I think its way better looking than in the pics!

1Strat.jpg

stratmay13th026.jpg

stratmay13th022.jpg

OR... because I've played it and mentioned more than once how much I like the finish.  :dontknow:

Work politics and toadyism aside, I still think that 8-ball strat is killer.  It's so unique!

... perhaps not for long though....  :icon_jokercolor:

Back