July 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the July, 2015 Guitar of the Month contest!  July's contest will be "Warmoth/professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is July's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until July 10th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Instruments finished by Warmoth (or another professional finisher) this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by DocNrock

Body: Carved top Velocity, chambered black korina.
Black binding 
Unique Choice washed blue dye and is finished by Warmoth.
DiMarzio Area 58 in the single coil slot for those chimey tones.
The humbucker is a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF., something very different that I have ever done.
There is a three-way toggle betwen the volume and tone controls.

Neck is quartersawn maple and fingerboard with a matching quilt veneer.
The remainder of the neck finish is satin nitro.
Standard thin profile, 1-11/16 nut width, Graphtech nut.
The inlays are azurite/malachite to match the washed blue dye.

The other features are Planet Waves tuners.
6115 frets
24 3/4 conversion neck.

MfNtyGB.jpg

hAo1MMD.jpg

Guitar #2 by BlueTalon

'Sasha'

Warmoth Jazz body: alder, custom routed for three pickups, wenge thumb-rests, finished in gloss black by Warmoth
Warmoth Jazz neck: bubinga neck with wenge fretboard, medium jumbo nickel frets
Schaller tuners, bridge, strap-locks
Hipshot string retainer
Fender Super 55 pickups - 1 bridge, 2 neck
CTS 500/500 concentric pots
Turnstyle switch 

Each pickup has individual volume and tone controls.  The signals then go through the Turnstyle switch, through a master volume/tone control, and out.  The Turnstyle switch is a customized 6-position rotary switch.  One position gives me full manual control over all pickups, the other five positions are tone presets:
Jazz
Precision
Rickenbacker
Thunderbird
Overdrive

The pink strings were for Breast Cancer Awareness month.

FE6JxsZ.jpg

T4WBJTg.jpg

Guitar #3 by Shoecat

Iceman design mahogany body with a Warmoth finished red flake (front and back); with white body binding, chrome TOM-arched strings bridge.

The neck is a right handed, 24-3/4" maple Nomad style Warmoth conversion tiltback, 10"-16"compound, 59 roundback,  Warmoth finished gloss black with an Indian rosewood fretboard with tapazoid inlays and white neck binding. 22 Stainless 6150 frets with a white TUSQ 1-11/16" nut.

Two volumes, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch
Chrome Bare Knuckle Emerald pickups with chrome pickup rings and chrome knobs.
Planet Waves chrome/black locking tuners.
Custom "Fire & Ice" neck plate and truss rod cover from Doug's Custom Neck Plates.

6h8B4cg.jpg

NGM2jYg.jpg

Guitar #4 by Surf n Music

Ash Tele in Transparent Neon Orange
Gotoh Bridge
Klein 61 Epic pickups
Roasted Maple Wolfgang neck 1-11/16
Rosewood fretboard with creme dots.
SS6115 frets

12zfpOE.jpg

a9H7sPW.jpg

Guitar #5 by fdesalvo

'Trinity'

Body:
Mahogany Carved Top Velocity
Alpine White/Black Binding
Bare Knuckle Abraxas and 63 Veneer Board pickups w/coil split
Battery Box for future Piezo bridge install

Neck:
Afra/Black Ebony Vortex
Wolfgang with 12" straight radius @ 1-11/16"
SS6150

PC7c7lr.jpg

r8yqWpC.jpg

Guitar #6 by rlemish

Model: Telecaster(r)
Orientation: Right handed
F-Holes: None
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Flame Maple on Alder
Rout: Rear Rout
Pickup Rout: Tele(r) (Neck), Tele(r) (Middle), Tele(r) (Bridge)
Controls: V-T-T-5 (Strat(r))
Bridge: Babicz FCH Tele(r) Bridge
Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat(r) Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: / Tummy Cut
Battery Box: Single Battery Box
Binding: Natural Masked Binding
Top Finish: Turquoise Dye
Back Finish: Clear Gloss

Style: Telecaster(r)
Construction: Vintage/Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Goncalo Alves
Fingerboard Wood: Goncalo Alves
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: 6105
Tuner Ream: Planet Waves(13/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ - Earvana Nut
Inlays: Cream Face Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots
Tuners: Planet Waves, modified with pearl knobs

Electronics: EMG 9v active with volume, treble/bass boost, mid boost and 5-way switch controls
Pickups: EMGX

BLmJoEd.jpg

WmwX4bP.jpg

Doc, we may be head to head this month!  Then again, that thing is stunning!  I might have to wait until next month in light of that lol.  :eek:ccasion14:

Boy, I'd hate like hell to have to decide between Daisy and what I know you have in the pipe.

Then again, that's every month. Lotta super-fine pieces move through here. And next month is likely to be owner-finished, so then it's the following month when you'll have to compete with my Velocity....

It just never ends  :laughing7:

Shoecat joins the party! Good luck!

Plenty of room on the dancefloor, don't be wallflowers people!

fdesalvo and Surf n Music make it 5! Welcome to the contest!

Unfortunately they're both disqualified for oversized pictures (fdesalvo) & no forum username (Surf n Music).

Just Kidding!

Sorry for the name and shame but please try to stick to the entry requirements people. Only doing this for the love y'all.

GOM said:
fdesalvo and Surf n Music make it 5! Welcome to the contest!

Unfortunately they're both disqualified for oversized pictures (fdesalvo) & no forum username (Surf n Music).

Just Kidding!

Sorry for the name and shame but please try to stick to the entry requirements people. Only doing this for the love y'all.

Hahah sorry! Figured I'd throw her in the ring again now that that bad ass blue tele isn't in the pic! Gessh never had a chance  :toothy10:

Surf n Music said:
Gessh never had a chance  :toothy10:

You never know. Not everybody's into beautifully finished fancy maple tops. Your Tele's pretty cool. Mind you, so's that black JB, and that white Velocity. Like the sparkly Iceman too...

Damn!

These guit-boxes.... you gents (and ladies?) don't like to make the voting on GOM easy, do y'all?

I may be a newcomer but so far every month's pictures I've seen, I've thought "Darn, I like them all and would love an hour with any of them!"

Surf n Music said:
I said pretty much the same thing when I submitted my entry (I actually said it in my submission letter), because that first guitar by DocNrock is pretty spectacular. 

But then I saw my pictures up, and they looked a lot better than I remembered, so maybe I have a chance after all.

Surf n Music said:

Behold - a black telecaster with no really insane lumber in my sig block.  Simplicity can rule the day sometimes.

Bagman67 said:
Behold - a black telecaster with no really insane lumber in my sig block.  Simplicity can rule the day sometimes.

Lol I'm counting on that.  There's some serious heat in this one. I'm waiting on doc or cagey to come out of the woodwork with a spectacular parts bin build.

I like mine, but I'm biased, since it was my conception.  That said, every single entry is spectacular in its own way.  Franks's Velocity is awesome, but what really surprised me was the Iceman!  :headbang1:

Back