Jobs at Warmoth

simple

Staff member
Web Programmer/Developer

We need a programmer to develop and maintain web and intranet applications..

Description:
• We need a guitar-savvy web programmer to develop and maintain web and intranet applications to integrate our ecommerce site and in-house sales and accounting software.
Responsibilities for this position will also include:
• Creating a rich and inviting e-commerce experience for our site's visitors.
• Developing and maintaining back-end intranet tools to increase productivity of sales and administrative staff.
• Developing database structure and back-end for a dynamic web interface.

Requirements:
• Passion for and knowledge of guitars.
• Strong SQL/MySQL database skills.
• Experience with PHP, ColdFusion, or .NET.
• Experience building database-driven websites and web applications.
• Experience with e-commerce applications.
• Working knowledge of MS SQL and Windows-based server environments.
• Ability to evaluate problems and implement creative and effective solutions independently.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with AJAX, DHTML, and server-side dynamic web technologies.
• Experience with e-commerce.
• Experience with RSS/XML feeds.

Compensation:
• Negotiable

The position is on-site at our Puyallup, WA factory, full time Monday through Friday.

Please send resume or inquire by email to hr@warmoth.com. Please include links to samples of your web-related work

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fulltime CNC Programmer for Guitar Parts

We need a full-time CNC programmer familiar with guitars and their parts.

Description:
•        Develop CAD drawings, tool paths and CNC code for guitar parts and associated manufacturing fixtures and jigs using Mastercam CAD/CAM software.

Requirements:
•        Passion for and knowledge of guitars.
•        Strong CAD/CAM 3D design and tool path skills.
•        Experience with Mastercam.
•        Ability to self-manage and coordinate changes, multitask, and perform duties in a timely manner.

Preferred Qualifications:
•        Experience with macro programming for Fadal or Fanuc controls..
•        Good written communication skills.
•        Experience with Rhino.

Compensation:
•        Negotiable / Dependant on Qualifications

The position is on-site at our Puyallup, WA factory, full time Monday through Friday.
Please send resume or inquire by email to hr@warmoth.com.

man that last one is practically written for me, i hope it's still open in october. does master cam 9 qualify? this base won't buy x2 because they teach featurecam at the techschool.

wow what i wouldn't give to even be qualified

it's like one of those jobs you have in your dreams

oh yeah
I'm doin' what I LOVE today

:confused4:
ah, I can only imagine

Oh man, talk about a dream job.  Let me know if you ever need a food service worker!  But seriously, how might I go about getting the training and skills to get a job with a company like Warmoth?

The programmer piqued my interest, but unfortunately I'm not leaving Texas and I suspect my salary requirements might be outside of what a small company would be willing to cover.  Though, I am damned good at what I do :)

Let me know when you need an onsite surgeon.  :icon_biggrin:

I can sew up saw cuts really easily.

Let me know when you need a psychologist.
:evil4: I can push GAS to heights you couldn't even begin to imagine... :evil4:

Let me know the SECOND you need a bum to drool all over newly sawn products. "It's the finishing technique of the future!"

red king said:
Let me know when you need a tax consultant, VP Finance, or CFO!!   :headbang:

let ME know when you need a "professional loitering jackass". I will be free in an instant!!

Dietrich said:
Kind of weird how the web-dev job is on-site.

They're running MS Windows Server and MS-SQL; not possible to secure access to internals from outside firewalls, if then.

jackthehack said:
Dietrich said:
Kind of weird how the web-dev job is on-site.

They're running MS Windows Server and MS-SQL; not possible to secure access to internals from outside firewalls, if then.

There are ways to work remotely.  It is done all the time.  However, we much prefer the web guy to be onsite so they can interact more closely with the rest of the staff.  My preference is to have to whole team on site working together at the same time instead of multiple time zones in potentially multiple countries.

agreed the on-site requirement as a pre-req is a bummer ... I'd have been interested in applying for a second job when Gregg forst posted this, but I simply refuse to work that majority of my week on-site in a 9-5 type shop anymore. just my personal preference, definitely not a dig towards the big W and their work environment preferences

I do understand the benefits for building a team that shares a collection of cubes, but it's also possible to achieve with a totally remote international team who has never met in person (if you hire the right people ... I know this first-hand, as most of my colleagues are either in Europe or on the East Coast)

all the best,

R

Nah, it has nothing to do with cubicles and nine-to-five. The web dev guy has got to walk through the shops, smell the wood, taste the paint, get passionate about the product.

Off-toppic-ing this:
Does anybody saw that TonyFlyingSquirrel is on the "Our Staff" section on Warmoth's website???

Congrats Tony!

Back