JM In Trans Red

rgand

Epic Member
The body and neck just arrived. It's even more amazing than the photos show. In addition, there's just the right grain pattern in the headstock to look great with this body.

I'm awed at the beauty of this wood. I'm really pleased.

Here's a photo taken in natural light to show the neck and body together. This is going to be a fun project.

Attachments

• Out of the Box C.JPG
    Out of the Box C.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 918
Yeah, the body is one piece. I like the way the slight angle of the grain goes with the offset of the body.

I noticed that, which is what got me wondering where the join line was. Very nice piece.

Beautiful! Both the body and the neck. This is going to look great when it's ready.

That body is stunning, a really impressive piece. I'll be watching this build with great interest! I see it's a two pickup configurtation in your mock-up in the other thread, but it's routed for three. Any plans to play with that or is that just room for future growth?

Verne Bunsen said:
That body is stunning, a really impressive piece. I'll be watching this build with great interest! I see it's a two pickup configurtation in your mock-up in the other thread, but it's routed for three. Any plans to play with that or is that just room for future growth?
You got it. I figured another route in there would allow for anything I might want to do down the line.

That's awesome. Reminds me of Verne's Black Korina Jazzmaster actually!

I weighed the body this morning.  4 lbs 2 oz. In the showcase, Standard JMs range from 3 lbs 15 oz to 5 lbs 8 oz. Looks like I got one of the lighter ones. :icon_thumright:

Lotta wood in a Jazzmaster body so they're normally heavy, but being roasted takes a good percentage of the weight out. For our next trick, someone should order a chambered Velocity in roasted Swamp Ash and see what one of those weighs. I'd volunteer, but I just finished my Velocity and I've got a Swamp Ash Soloist coming now, which I needed like I need an additional orifice in my cranium, so I've hit my quota for the quarter.

A chambered Velocity in RSA would be a fun project. Sell that Velocity, Cagey and start on another one. Any excuse is a good one. :icon_biggrin:

I started a build thread here

Rgand said:
Sell that Velocity, Cagey and start on another one. Any excuse is a good one. :icon_biggrin:

I just finished it! Lemme pretend I'm gonna play it for a while, at least  :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_0171_Sm1.JPG
    IMG_0171_Sm1.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 504
Cagey said:
Rgand said:
Sell that Velocity, Cagey and start on another one. Any excuse is a good one. :icon_biggrin:

I just finished it! Lemme pretend I'm gonna play it for a while, at least  :laughing7:
That does look good. OK, it's a keeper. You sure could use a second one, though. :icon_biggrin:

Rgand-Interesting combination there: a Tele neck on a Jazzmaster. I'm really liking the look of that.

Cagey said:
Lotta wood in a Jazzmaster body.......
You ain't just whistlin' there Bro. I got mine assembled a day ago, (getting things adjusted before the unveiling), and this sucker seems real heavy compared to my Strat and H2. Gonna have to weigh it to see exactly how heavy it is, I'm think'n its a good thing I went with chambered Korina instead of my first thought, Walnut! One thing for certain, no neck dive on this one!

:icon_jokercolor:

I love the wood/color combination! I love the Tele neck with the JM body! That's gonna be a nice guitar.

Here's a thought. Has anyone actually played jazz on a Jazz Master?

anorakDan said:
I love the wood/color combination! I love the Tele neck with the JM body! That's gonna be a nice guitar.

Here's a thought. Has anyone actually played jazz on a Jazz Master?
Thanks. You know, someone, somewhere must have tried it.

BigSteve22 said:
I got mine assembled a day ago, (getting things adjusted before the unveiling), and this sucker seems real heavy compared to my Strat and H2. Gonna have to weigh it to see exactly how heavy it is, I'm think'n its a good thing I went with chambered Korina instead of my first thought, Walnut! One thing for certain, no neck dive on this one!

Right. The white Jazzmaster I entered in last month's GOM started with a very light 3lb 11oz body, and still ended up at 8.25lbs all up. Not too bad, but chunky. The black one I've been puttering with this month will probably end up about 9lbs even. That body in Walnut would be murder.

Back