JCMusic's New Roasted Curly Maple over Roasted Curly Maple Strat Neck

Cagey

Mythical Status
A gorgeous example of a roasted curly Maple neck showed up here yesterday...

IMG_0519_Sm_zpsw5ytchwp.jpg

IMG_0518_Sm_zpsqzesrpye.jpg

Ain't she purty? You don't see pieces like that very often.

Gonna do everything I know how to do to that neck. Using a new SS fret size Warmoth doesn't offer that's .100" x .051" so we'll see what that's like.

I think that's the nicest curly maple neck I've seen. Roasted or otherwise.

Yeah, it's quite a showpiece. And of course, the pictures don't do it justice at all. In real life, the chatoyance is fantastic. I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like burnished.

Cagey said:
A gorgeous example of a roasted curly Maple neck showed up here yesterday...

IMG_0519_Sm_zpsw5ytchwp.jpg

IMG_0518_Sm_zpsqzesrpye.jpg

Ain't she purty? You don't see pieces like that very often.

Gonna do everything I know how to do to that neck. Using a new SS fret size Warmoth doesn't offer that's .100" x .051" so we'll see what that's like.

:kewlpics: :headbang: :headbang1:
Thx for the pics Cagey!  I neglected to save the pics off the site before ordering so it's great to see that it's just as sick a flame as I told myself it was when I ordered it.  Can't wait to see what you do with it.

FTR, this was a purely impulse buy; I've just put together my first Warmoth build (pics soon), but that didn't seem to matter.  Certainly no regrets.  How could I resist a neck like this!!?  Especially with couple cocktails :eek:ccasion14: and an acute case of lust over flame roasted maple -  :laughing7: lol.  So .... no body or immediate plans to get one just yet, but I HAD to have that neck.  And of course after reading the threads on burnished roasted maple, I wanted to do it up right, all the way.  So thank you, Cagey, for making your services available! :yourock:

I have a neck that could be that one's twin brother, and I bought it on a whim for the same reason. Saw it, and couldn't just let it go by even though I didn't have an immediate need for it. Figured I'd never see one again and regret it the rest of my life if I didn't snatch it.

It eventually ended up on this Jazzmaster...

Full_Face_390x1024_zps1bdz1dsn.jpg

You're right, Kevin, that neck is another fine one. Looks like it found a good home.

Was checking out google images and saw these pieces.  I wonder how these were treated.  Ever see any done like this?  The tint really brings out the contrast.  Gnarly!

12530929_1540548829580091_1929273305_n.jpg

SampleXRoastedXFlameMaple.jpg

Maybe dyed and oiled? They do look sharp. Tonar does a similar thing without the dye on standard Maple necks and they always look good enough to eat.

Cagey said:
Tonar does a similar thing without the dye on standard Maple necks and they always look good enough to eat.

Oh, you mean something like this...

Cherry%20Bomb%20001_zpsjne4ag1b.png

Cherry%20Bomb%20002_zpsx0qnvnf5.png

Cherry%20Bomb%20003_zpsycv0vuh7.png

:rock-on:

Awesome neck, man!
Mine is pretty cool too, bought last year from the showcase:

33376021984_41ac9331f1_c.jpg

These flame roasted maple are awesome. I'm curious about what a birdseye roasted maple neck could look like.

Nice!

I just received one for my floyded strat project (hereby dubbed, "BBQ Floyd").  I love raw necks, but still prefer TO for its feel.  It was pretty dark when I received it, but oh lawd it looks like walnut now.  The bonus is that it smelled like bbq when I unboxed it.  I wish I had gone with plain maple for a more classic look, but oh well.

Back